Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big PSMS Industry Debate

• 11-12-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

Given this topic has come up on a number of occasions, I thought it might be an idea to formally and in a rational manner open it discussion.

The question is as to the legal, regulatory and ethical practices and responsibility of the PSMS industry - those companies that aggregate and/or supply premium rate SMS services, subscriptions and content. Additionally, it would be prudent to also question responsibility on the part of the consumer and, lest we forget, the mobile operators - who make a great deal of money from this industry - and finally the regulatory bodies themselves.

I'd invite views and arguments from any of these stakeholders, but will not tolerate any defamatory allegations - to the point that I reserve the right to remove any reference to specific companies, bodies or individuals. I would also ask that people disclose their associations (without referring to any specific companies, bodies or individuals).

Disclosure: I have worked both in the PSMS industry and for the mobile operators in the past, in a mixture of rolls, including senior management. I am no longer in any way connected to the PSMS industry, or in any way profit from it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i had a friend who worked for ****** customer support. a customer was having a problem and to test it she made the mistake of signing up for the service herself. it took her weeks to get them to stop. if the staff themselves can't get them to stop what chance do the rest of us have!

Advertisement