Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do these measurements sound right for a Cosmopolitan?

Options
  • 11-12-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I was looking online for a Cosmopolitan recipe and the measures seem to vary wildy from recipe to recipe. I don't want to knock my guests out, so I was going to use the one from the the Absolut website, but my OH says they will be way too weak.

2 parts Absolut citron
    6 parts Cranberry juice
    1 part Contreau
    Dash of lime
    Piece of lime rind to garnish.

What do you think? Too strong? Too weak? Just right?

Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Looks ok to me, will be about 10%-15% alcohol although wiki gives a stronger recipe.

Try both?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

4 parts cranberry works for me - otherwise it's a little too sour. if you use Absolut Citron then there's no need for the dash of lime. Use the lime if you only have regular vodka.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Mine:

1 part bols triple sec
    2 parts vodka
    4/5 parts cranberry juice (add this to personal)
    Juice of half a lime

Shake over ice, pour into an ice-cold glass. I also add mellon balls on occasion too. I haven't really tried them myself, the wife loves them though ;)

Advertisement