Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0800 "freephone" number ?

• 11-12-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I am trying to contact Lego customer service to check the status of an order.
    I've sent them 2 email in the past 24hrs and no response.
    When I placed the order they sent me a message which says that I can contact their customer service on "international freephone number"

International Freephone:
    00-800-5346-2222*

How do I place this call from Ireland ???
    They don't seem to give a phone number which I can access.

Help much appreciated on this.

-ifc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

LEGO UK Limited, Consumer Services

Tel 00800 5346 5555*

* Free number might be blocked by some telecom providers; contact your provider for more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ifconfig wrote: »
    International Freephone:
    00-800-5346-2222*

How do I place this call from Ireland ???

You just dial it as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yeah 00 800 (or +800) is international freephone (exactly what it says on the tin). Not to be confused, as it often is, with UK Frephone 0800 (or +44 800)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

00 800 XX XX XX XX

is absolutely definitely international toll-free. They're increasingly common as phone networks are smart enough to know to route you through to someone who can speak your language etc based on where the call originates from. In some cases, it might even route to a local call centre so your call might get answered in Ireland or the UK if you call from here or, if you called from Denmark you'd get a danish helpline.

It saves companies having to keep track of umteen different numbers for different markets.

While technically international freefone 00 800 is world-wide, it's almost exclusively used within the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If in doubt ring up your phone provider and ask them how much it will cost. Ask twice just to be sure :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement