Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFN 16 *Spoilers*

• 11-12-2008 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the fights yet?

Just saw Koscheck Yoshida. WOW what a finish! :eek:

Gonna try catch a few more online today.

Edit: Just saw a picture from the Corey Hill fight. Ending not for the faint hearted!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Yea I watched some of the fights online. Great finish by Koscheck

Have been trying to find pics of the end of the Corey hill fight (ah bloodthirst) but coulnd't find anything this morning. Can you post a link?

www.mmamania.com has a photo of it on the front page. I'm not linking it because it's not pleasant. Sadly though, I'm not suprised, his legs are disgustingly skinny and I amen't suprised it happened to him over, say, Tyson Griffin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Holy shinpads batman!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Has to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

:|

Not everyone wants to see that picture leo...
    I was just watching the video there and you can see Corey standing around on these incredibly thin legs, I had to turn it off. Edit, I had to rewatch it. Fair play to joe rogan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just got done watching it, very good show. There were some great finishes to fights

Ben Saunders' knees were just vicious. Wolff had a huge bump on his head

Koscheck's KO was one for the highlight reel. I wonder who he'll be fighting now

Cantwell's armbar was in so deep. I haven't read any update on Al-Hassan but he must have hurt his arm in some way

And Mike Swick finally lives up to his nickname again! It's been over two and a half years since he had a fight that didn't go to the judges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Fozzy wrote: »
    Cantwell's armbar was in so deep.
    Did you read it dislocatded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Major understatement that thing was enormous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    As was said it was a clinic on the clinch and he was at a serious height disadvantage too.

Al-Hassan's elbow popping in slow-mo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhh

Corey Hill :eek:

Video is here but BE WARNED IT IS NOT PRETTY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Did you read it dislocatded?

I don't think we need to use spoiler tags as long as it says "spoilers" in the title

I just read this: http://www.sportsline.com/mma/story/11165887
    While Al-Hassan was walking past media row on his way to the backstage area, a large mass could be seen near his elbow on his right arm. The mass appeared to be the size of a softball. An immediate diagnosis was not available, but it's possible that Al-Hassan had suffered a broken arm and that the mass was possibly tendon that had dislodged from bone and rolled up into his arm.

That's why you should tap, kids!

It also says that Goulet may have torn his MCL. Probably when he dropped on his knee after that first punch that rocked him
    calex71 wrote: »
    Major understatement that thing was enormous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    As was said it was a clinic on the clinch and he was at a serious height disadvantage too.

That link also says that Wolff may have lost his vision early in the fight when he got a toe in the eye. At least that's what his manager claims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That link also says that Wolff may have lost his vision early in the fight when he got a toe in the eye. At least that's what his manager claims

Awwww nasty, this event just keeps getting more gruesome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I downloaded and watched this lats night and holy smokes batman, that was alot of injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Man, Hills leg snapped like a twig.

Remember kids, have some nicely developed calf and tibialus muscles is a good idea if you plan on throwing low kicks that might get checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Killme00 wrote: »
    that was alot of injuries.

bit ironic that it was a charity gig for injured troops! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I am sure the quadriplegics appreciated the irony....

Watching this again now. First fight Miller vs Wyman was very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

dunkamania wrote: »
    I am sure the quadriplegics appreciated the irony....

yes iam sure they did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Killme00 wrote: »
    Watching this again now. First fight Miller vs Wyman was very good

Very impressed with Miller and even more so cos of the short training camp
    He cut his honeymoon short I think, thats dedication for ya swappin ridin for fightin at a moments notice :D

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    swappin ridin for fightin at a moments notice :D

sounds like Marriage to me

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

You mean that huge bump had a forehead on it.

Did anyone try watch/record this on setanta??? I did, got home from work next day and all i got was football. Dont know why i pay for that channel. And i dont remember them showing any leg break in the repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

liger wrote: »
    You mean that huge bump had a forehead on it.

Did anyone try watch/record this on setanta??? I did, got home from work next day and all i got was football. Dont know why i pay for that channel. And i dont remember them showing any leg break in the repeat.

Ya they're shockin alright. Stayed up late one night as there was a UFC show advertised. TUF I think it was. What did they show. Bleedin boxin! They're signal can be dodgy at times as well. Missed nearly half a liverpool match another day when signal went. Every other channel on the sky box was perfect. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement