Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

next @tesco maynooth

Options
  • 11-12-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all, im just wondering do you know when the retail shops will be opening in tesco maynooth,is next defo opening up there? does anyone know how to go about aplying for jobs there, my daughter is looking for work out that way in one of the shops we are living in dunboyne and she is currently working on a contract basis in town and will be finishing up mid jan and would love to get work in retail closer to home. hope you can help with my quiry, i was going to ring next headoffice but dont know if they would be any help.
    Thanks in advance June,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I haven't heard anything about Next other than rumours. The only reference to any stores on the site are 2 Planing applications for River Island and Heatons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

eve wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything about Next other than rumours. The only reference to any stores on the site are 2 Planing applications for River Island and Heatons.

River Island are meant to open soon but done know when

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 june72

Thanks for the replys, my nephew worked in the coffie shop in tesco and his manager told him that next was going in there but didnt know when and also river island too for sure opening late jan but you know this country with dates and timeing lol
    thanks again guys
    June

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Rumour, rumour, rumour. Even if there is some truth in it they can still pull out - especially in the current retail climate.

If they have not put the effort into opening before Christmas I would be very surprised to see them opening there anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

All the promo brochures for the centre have shown Next signs (as the only other real-brand signs other than Tesco itself).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

MYOB wrote: »
    All the promo brochures for the centre have shown Next signs (as the only other real-brand signs other than Tesco itself).

If you look closely it says "NEST" (obviously for illustration purposes only). I don't think Next will be going in there. Penny's are supposed to be going into the old Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

McD's is going in too, possibly a drive thru one, there's 2 buildings going up at nearer the road at the moment, prob one of them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Apparently most of the shops are likely to bring in staff from their other branches, New Look are anyway.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Apparently most of the shops are likely to bring in staff from their other branches, New Look are anyway.
    any news on who's going in & when. The units have been finished for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Heard a rumour that all the small shops are moving into where Tesco used to be. I dont see how that could work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SeanMurphy

"900 Students apply for Deep-Fat Frier postion in McDonalds, Tesco Shopping Centre, Maynooth."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah I assumed that building across from the petrol station was going to be a fast food place, Burger King would have been better... feckin McDonalds everywhere!

KFC all the way man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

They could create corridors through the old Tesco and fit loads of shops in there. It could be made into a centre rather than just having shops at the front. Depends on what size the shops are goin to be though.

Anyway hopefully they something with it soon, it looks very depressing now with nothing there like it is because they couldn't find anyway to move in with the recession.

Agree would be good. The only thing that is bringing footfall to other stores there is the Post office.

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    KFC all the way man!

hmmmmm:pac::pac::pac:

Good man lods, so you will sign a partition..?!

Have 7 fast food takeaways...only the best though...lined up beside each other. So have a different one each day. Although I love KFC I could only have it 6days week, after that I'm just pushing my limits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SeanMurphy

Ah yeah... We need more KFC's.

its a Mc Donalds:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

lods wrote: »
    its a Mc Donalds:pac:
    Didn't I tells ya?!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

did McD open?
    anyone else opened there?

did McD open?
    anyone else opened there?
    Not open till june.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Why a McDonalds. Who the hell thought, you know what the world and Maynooth needs, another McDonalds. Anything but a McDonalds :(

Advertisement