Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is TV3 the worst channel possible?

Options
  • 11-12-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

I mean come on, with it's tabloid nonsense, it's semi-literate news readers and it's constant feed of reality type muck.

I think it is the worst possible channel out there.
    Post edited by The Black Oil on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well there is Channel 6, which is owned by....eh...TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Zaph wrote: »
    Well there is Channel 6, which is owned by....eh...TV3.

Well, I suppose TV3 make Channel 6 look like a professional, competent, media-savvy organisation. But this isn't about Channel 6, this is about the "I failed media studies" half-wits who work at TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Without a doubt the worst channel going.

And as for the IQ of the people working there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I mean come on, with it's tabloid nonsense, it's semi-literate news readers and it's constant feed of reality type muck.

I have to agree. I mean could they at least try to compete with the Uk channels?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    And as for the IQ of the people working there.....

Maybe that's what the 3 is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I will defend TV3, I think this is the first time someone other then me has posted an anti-TV3 thread.

The IQ level is good enough to realise that they can earn 20,000,000 in profits each year without caring about what the channel is actually like.

I never thought I would be pro-TV3 :)

Elmo wrote: »
    I will defend TV3, I think this is the first time someone other then me has posted an anti-TV3 thread.

The IQ level is good enough to realise that they can earn 20,000,000 in profits each year without caring about what the channel is actually like.

I never thought I would be pro-TV3 :)

Ah yes but they are stupid enough to think that they can spam an online message board and not get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I stopped watching iTV3 when when they continually screwed up the scheduling of The Shield. Whoever is in charge of scheduling there should be fired, they've been doing the exact same thing, with many shows, since their inception.

It also took them 10 years to fix their oh so terrible website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Martin King rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

mike65 wrote: »
    Martin King rules!
    Betty, who is 104 from Walkinstown, agrees with you.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Betty, who is 104 from Walkinstown, agrees with you.

Martin King's script tonight

"Wow, Uh Oh, and a ho ho ho to you mrs, we are in for a cold one, and sure doesn't Betty, who is 105 from Walkinstown today, agree with me and Mike from boards, its going to be a cold one in boards let me tell you ........."

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Any channel that can broadcast that evil little sp**K merchant Jeremy Klye is just the lowest of the low, and the fact that they just show repeats because he was taken off the air says all you need to know about TV3.

Oh and the cheek of Vincent Browne on tv3's nightly news saying tv3 was as good as rte is some joke. As bad as rte are at least they try to make programs that don't just involve a intern holding a camera at a "journalist" taking about how the recession has boned us all - thats not irish programming thats brain dead tv!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I will defend them only to the point that they introduced the sheild to Irish tv.

Everything else about em - monkey balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

TV3 > RTE

I don't watch much television, but anytime Im browsing I have often found decent films or programs like scrubs on TV3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

surely the jesus channels are much worse.

Chris died for our sins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What channel in their right mind would give those has been witches on Xposé a job?

There just should come clean and rename the channel ITV Ireland.

surely the jesus channels are much worse.

Chris died for our sins!

Yeah but did he die so that we could have TV3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It's nothing but ITV-lite - I can't understand why anyone with ITV or UTV
    would need to even have TV3 tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

TV3 is the biggest pile of steaming excrement imaginable.

It's nothing but ITV-lite - I can't understand why anyone with ITV or UTV
    would need to even have TV3 tuned in.

I would remove my eyes before watching any of them :( ITV has gone to ****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

TG4, a channel in another language I don't even understand is better than TV3 and there weather presenters are hotter too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

delly wrote: »
    TG4, a channel in another language I don't even understand is better than TV3 and there weather presenters are hotter too.
    That is some indictment of TV3. TG4 is miles better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

:D

I do agree with you but what makes it different from any other channel? :D

Gareth37 wrote: »
    :D

I do agree with you but what makes it different from any other channel? :D

It doesn't have The Angelus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I like their morning tv programme (except for that twat Cagney). No other good morning tv shows on ANY other channel at the moment.

TV4 is actually a decent enough channel for films. They generally show quite risqué films that the mainstream channels won't.

RTE just makes my blood boil (apart from Reeling in the Years).

RTE2 is still Network2 to me, I like that channel more, though that's because they get to show the fun stuff, like Desperate Housewives.

On the plus side for all the TV3 haters out there, at least the only taxpayers money they get is from RTE advertising on them. Maybe the odd grant here and there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

AFAIK, TV3 get a slice of the TV license fee also but they must wipe their arse with it for all the quality programming you see on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Wait until next season when they have (exclusive Irish rights to) the Champions League on Wednesday nights, we'll all have to watch it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Wait until next season when they have (exclusive Irish rights to) the Champions League on Wednesday nights, we'll all have to watch it then.

Apart from the fact not everyone watches football, are ITV showing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Nah - check out Buzz TV on NTL. Now, that takes some beating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Nah - check out Buzz TV on NTL. Now, that takes some beating.

Is that the one with Sumo TV or somesuch weirdo programme on it all the time? My eyes bled once when I accidently left that channel on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement