Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Dating (merged)

Options
  • 08-03-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

anyone know of any speed dating events in galway??
    :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DouglasWinthrow

i too would be interested in this

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

I think it usually runs in the Vic off Eyre Square.. but then I've heard of other random night in Salthill etc.. I did it in Australia for the craic.. such a laugh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭cadburys

Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    I think it usually runs in the Vic off Eyre Square.. but then I've heard of other random night in Salthill etc.. I did it in Australia for the craic.. such a laugh!!
    don't they advertise these things online?? googled it and can't find anything in galway..

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

I've seen them in advertiser a few times.. I know a friend who organised a couple speed dating events for Valentine's Day at a couple of locations in the city.. if I see her during the week I'll ask her if she know's of anything regular and reply on the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

All my dates are speed dates waaaaaaa

• Advertisement

Not that terrible terrible movie that that Nora Jane Noone was in.

Does anyone know of Speed Dating in Galway? If there's any upcoming. A friend and I were thinking of going to one for the laugh and to meet new people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ninaford

speed dating...random!i did it once in college for the laugh!have you ever tried dating websites???dont be freaked out...not everyone is a weirdo one them!!!a friend of mine swears by them!

This would be only for a laugh really and a good night out away from the normal trying to meet someone in a nightclub!

Though outta curiousity, what sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I thought you were dating Redhairedguy? Won't he be a bit peeved off? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tilly55

match.com is one i've tryed, to no avail I might add!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

That's coz you uuuuuuuugly!

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I thought you were dating Redhairedguy? Won't he be a bit peeved off? :D

Ssssshhh

He doesn't need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

God next thing there will be a boards.ie speed dating event...

Hi I'm <insert username>, I like <insert list of forums>

kayos wrote: »
    God next thing there will be a boards.ie speed dating event...

Hi I'm <insert username>, I like <insert list of forums>

That actually wouldn't be too bad an idea ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ssssshhh

He doesn't need to know.

He doesn't need to know that ye're dating? How does that work then? Bit of the oul' rohypnol is it? :pac: :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

17th Dec Living Room in aid of Cancer Care West - listed in Galway Ad. www.yourbetterhalf.net 0863745670.

I am sure that this will be 100% genuine but be advised that I attended one Speed Date in Galway a while ago that was a total fake. The girls had been bussed down from Dublin & most had Bfs - one was married !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

INTERNET DATING NERD LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tilly55

TV3 have a dating section on their website now, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now! I like looking at the profiles of people - I am a bit of a stalker i suppose!

This "Internet Dating Nerd" just took a look at the website. Give us €30 & we give you ..?

Yeah I found that quite odd. It's free to join, but if you want to do anything at all, you have to pay 30 euro.

• Advertisement

It suggests various ways that you can meet but gives no idea who you will be meeting. New version of Blind Date !

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Anyone tried this? Good fun? Think it's on in Buskers.

There seems to be a huge amount of speed dating in Galway lately. I wonder if the same people are going ?. I did attend one event a few years ago & discovered that the "local" girls had been shipped down from Dublin - one even admitted that she was married !.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Discodog wrote: »
    I did attend one event a few years ago & discovered that the "local" girls had been shipped down from Dublin - one even admitted that she was married !.
    Seriously? That's a bit crap isn't it? I know someone who ran one in the Living Room last year. She had trouble finding enough men to go for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Loads of people that go to these things go for a laugh and are already in a relationship.

Ironically I'd say the venue doing the speed dating has probably the highest proportion of 'taken' people in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Two of us thinking of going, maybe three (ladies) but don't want to go if it would be boring and don't want to look desperate because we are not, we've just been threatening to go for a while for the craic. Dunno if I would bother if people are all going to be taken, kind of pointless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

When is it on?- something always wanted to do - would be great fun - couldnt take it one bit seriously though- and if by chance meet any hotties - bonus! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I'd be on for this. Dates or not, it'd be cool to meet some new people and have a night out at least. Any details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

See thats the problem with Speed Dating. Ok, I know it is to have a bit of a laugh and meet someone. But everyones going purely to have a laugh. Anyone who is single and using this as one way to meet someone hasnt a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

See thats the problem with Speed Dating. Ok, I know it is to have a bit of a laugh and meet someone. But everyones going purely to have a laugh. Anyone who is single and using this as one way to meet someone hasnt a hope.

Ya but single people who like to have a laugh are far more attractive than those on a serious mission to meet someone

Advertisement