Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain factor??

Options
  • 11-12-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

ok so please dont laugh, call me a wimp etc...... i really want a tattoo on the baldy bit behind my ear (have wanted it for years!) BUT i was just wondering if its gonna hurt so bad that i will wimp out halfway through?? (i'm allowed call myself a wimp :p )

i guess im just looking for an idea of how bad it will be...if thats even possible considering pain is relative blah blah!! :)

thanky much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I dont actually have that area of my body tattooed but experience tells me that yes it will hurt, quite alot. I would imagine it to be one of the more painful areas albeit not the most painful. There are lots of nerves in that area which will be affected while tattooing. At the end of the day though, pain is only temporary and at the end you'll have a nice piece of art on your head.

Remember, pain is weakness leaving the body! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i can imagine that part hurting alright. As other poster said. Pain is only temporary. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Since you're asking, I'd guess that this is your first tattoo.

Most tattoo artists wouldn't do a piece in such a highly visible area for a first-timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I'm sure if you ask nicely though they'd do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

My other half has a tat on either side of his head, just above his ear, so although its not in exactly the same place as what your looking for, from his experience he said it was a doddle. I was with him when he got one of them done & he nearly fell asleep. :confused: He reckons it was by far one of the less painful places he's been tattooed & he's got around 20 ranging from arms/chest/legs & back.

Again, the pain is over pretty quick as has been said, so you should go for it if you really want it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Yeah go for it, it's a small area so it's not like it's going to last for long, try doing a 3 hour session on your ribs if you want some pain. It's more uncomfortable then anything else, not like breaking a bone or anything. Finally getting my dragon finished on Sunday - Started at the start of October, my back has had a rough couple of months but it looks deadly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

LD 50 wrote: »
    I'm sure if you ask nicely though they'd do it.

Any right minded tattoo artist wouldnt do such a highly visible tattoo on a non-inked person.

As for the pain level---Id say its not actually that bad since there a lot less nerve endings there than other parts of the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

i got my first tattoo there :o
    it's really not that that sore at all.

edit: maybe i'm not thinking of the same place, it's really not that visible at all.

suzaane wrote: »
    i got my first tattoo there :o
    it's really not that that sore at all.

edit: maybe i'm not thinking of the same place, it's really not that visible at all.
    You might have big ears though ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

seanybiker wrote: »
    You might have big ears though ha ha
    haha i don't though ;)
    they're quite small :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

but its not highly visable....im a gurl and it will be tucked up behind my ear and under my hair!!! i want a tattoo that i can choose to show off or cover up!!

i want it so bad...have to stop wussing out!!

thanks for all the advice guys!! :D now....where to go?? im based in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

giddybootz wrote: »
    but its not highly visable....im a gurl and it will be tucked up behind my ear and under my hair!!! i want a tattoo that i can choose to show off or cover up!!

i want it so bad...have to stop wussing out!!

thanks for all the advice guys!! :D now....where to go?? im based in dublin!

Depends on what you want the tattoo to be, what style etc...

god im gonna sound like such a girly-girl and im not!! :o

ok so i want 4 small paw prints like this paw.jpg

im a bit of an animal nut so i know its not an image i will grow outta...and like i said i have wanted it for years!!

Any of the decent, commonly recommended tattoo artists should be able to do that for you without any problems :)

question the third.....do i just bring in a pic and say i want a mini version of it??

sorry bout this!

Yeah pretty much! They should be able to scale it and position it best.

If you bring it in the size that you actually want it though it would be best

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

I have my ribs done on both my sides, i KNOW and KNEW it would be painful but i was willing to accept that

Go for it

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    I have my ribs done on both my sides, i KNOW and KNEW it would be painful but i was willing to accept that

Go for it
    Your tiny though so it probably only took two minutes a side. (hope this is the lilliput i know)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

seanybiker wrote: »
    Your tiny though so it probably only took two minutes a side. (hope this is the lilliput i know)

hmmm i also have sun, moon and stars shining out my ass LMAO

my side tats took about 3 hrs each , one goes from shoulder to hip, other is hip to back

Hows u seany, got any ink YET

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Hi im thinking of getting a tattoo on my foot (not sure as of yet whether to go with the left or the right). Not sure quite exactly what but something going around my ankle, and then down the front of my foot...Does anyone have any ideas? Will that area be totally painful? eek.gif Please Help

• Advertisement
Advertisement