Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting Out and Going the Distance

• 11-12-2008 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Okay folks.....Settle an argument for me here, please.

I was chatting with my friend last night re blokes and sex etc. Her argument is that putting out on the first night does not necessarily mean that the encounter won't turn into a relationship. If it's okay for him to do it, it's okay for her.

My argument is that unfortunately a double standard exists, whether us girlies like it or not. I think that if you sleep with a guy on the first date, chances are you are will be put into the 'non relationship' category. I mean, where is the chase? etc etc.

So fellas, would you have a relationship with a girl who slept with you on the first date? Or would this turn you off her completely?

Would you have a relationship with a girl who puts out on the first date? 46 votes

Yes I would
    0% 0 votes
    No I would not
    82% 38 votes
    Undecided - depends on how much I like her
    17% 8 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yes - I would have a relationship, so long as she's not a bitch.....

or ugly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

SheroN wrote: »
    Yes.
    Yes to what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yes, I would have a relationship....

Anyone that says otherwise is a virgin or a hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Don't think I would tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Yes to what?

I wouldn't discount a relationship with a girl just because I slept with her the first night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Yes to what?

He was ansering your ma's question as to wheter he wanted a blowjob or not.:rolleyes:

Yes to having a relationship you bumb bumb.

SheroN wrote: »
    I wouldn't discount a relationship with a girl just because I slept with her the first night.

Thanks, I was curious as to your answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Tri wrote: »

I was chatting with my friend last night re blokes and sex etc. Her argument is that putting out on the first night does not necessarily mean that the encounter won't turn into a relationship. If it's okay for him to do it, it's okay for her.

My argument is that unfortunately a double standard exists, whether us girlies like it or not. I think that if you sleep with a guy on the first date, chances are you are will be put into the 'non relationship' category. I mean, where is the chase? etc etc.

So fellas, would you have a relationship with a girl who slept with you on the first date? Or would this turn you off her completely?

If she did not put out on the first night how would you know if she was any good or not?

I don't understand this attitude to a basic human act. If you've been on a date, enjoyed each others comapny, and the sex wasn't awful, why the hell not? On the other hand, if you two are incompatible in the hay, it wouldn't have lasted anyway.

my 2c

• Advertisement

Doc wrote: »
    He was ansering your ma's question as to wheter he wanted a blowjob or not.:rolleyes:

Yes to having a relationship you bumb bumb.

My ma couldnt do it though, as yore ma was already giving him one.

There were two questions in the first post! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Yes I would, and I have. If you have sex on the first date you may not have the chase in that respect, but there are others things you can "chase" for.....like anal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

oeb wrote: »
    If she did not put out on the first night how would you know if she was any good or not?

Ask her last boyfriend. I cant see any reason why that wouldnt work.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Everyone is different and relationships will grow from different things.

Some people would just be looking for a one night stand, so you can't really assume anything will grow from the encounter.

Other people will judge the other person to a standard that they don't use for themselves , for example guys saying they can't respect a girl who puts out on the first date etc, which is more the mark of a moron than anything else.

I have also heard girls say the same about guys, they want them for sex and the fact that they get it so easily means that don't respect the dude after.

Makes no sense to me tbh.

stovelid wrote: »
    Yes, I would.

Anyone that says otherwise is a virgin or a hypocrite.

I say otherwise cos I've been in that position on several occasions over the last 2 years. Each girl I was with, I had liked a lot beforehand. If you had asked me at any stage beforehand if a relationship was possible with said girl, I would have gone with yes. But a drunken blur of a night later, and my opinion changed. I know it takes two to tango and blah blah blah, but could you honestly dismiss asking yourself the question "Well if she got with me so quick, imagine ......"?

Not that I was disgusted or anything, just felt that if something serious was gonna come of it, it would have been better to leave the sexytime for a while at least.

EDIT: Oh and I know that if I did get into a relationship, it wouldn't be long before every night out we'd have would end with her asking how many others did I do the same with? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Doc wrote: »
    Ask her last boyfriend. I cant see any reason why that wouldnt work.:p

Cause he will lie and say she is great. Everyone want's pervy stranger to think their missus is a goer. You don't buy a car without a test drive just because the fanboys say it's the best ride ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,012 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Define relationship?

Some might say Snyper has a special "relationship" with his local school kids!

Fizman wrote: »
    I know it takes two to tango and blah blah blah, but could you honestly dismiss asking yourself the question "Well if she got with me so quick, imagine ......"?

I would be more interested in addressing the hypocrisy of why I wasn't asking myself the question Well if I got with her so quick, imagine ......"?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Domo230 wrote: »
    Anyone who votes no is obviously a woman.

Why do you say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭TMoreno

Yes would, but I doubt that it would work and it has nothing to do with a so called "double standard".

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    I would be more interested in addressing the hypocrisy of why I wasn't asking myself the question Well if I got with her so quick, imagine ......"?.

I can see where your coming from but I don't really subscribe to the whole 'hypocrisy' theory.

Can you explain exactly why I'd be behaving as a hypocrite?

It is possible that someone may not actually be actively seeking a long term relationship when going out on a night out with some mates. You happen to meet a nice girl and sleep with her. The following morning both parties go their separate ways. Good times had by all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

More likely to go out with a woman who sleeps with me the first night to be honest. It means she's less likely to have stupid hangups about her sexuality or think she should live her life by rules that others have dictated for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm not interested in chasing, I have bad lungs.

If I have to use the chloroform then so be it.

Fizman wrote: »
    I can see where your coming from but I don't really subscribe to the whole 'hypocrisy' theory.

Can you explain exactly why I'd be behaving as a hypocrite?

It is possible that someone may not actually be actively seeking a long term relationship when going out on a night out with some mates. You happen to meet a nice girl and sleep with her. The following morning both parties go their separate ways. Good times had by all.

I'm not against that. If someone (or both) are not into a relationship: fine.

My point is that some men don't mind sleeping with women casually, but don't like the idea of women doing the same if they see them as 'relationship material'. That's hypocrisy. Act as you expect others to act, and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I said undecided. :pac:

Sure I've gone out with people I slept with the first time I met them before. But that wasn't ever a factor, only thing that matters to me is whether I'd be interested in having a relationship with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Guys - I must say that I am very impressed with the responses so far.

It seems that I was wrong... Maybe it's just the immature guys who think this way. Wow - i'm really surprised.

:D
    /burns bra!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

/burns bra!

LOOK AT THOSE BEWBS
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

i havnt had sex in about 2wks......wish someone wud put out on a first date....

"it's a drawing....of me....in the nip......with a dog"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Yes, definitely. Like other posters I'd be more inclined to go out with a girl I slept with on the first date as it would suggest she was sexually liberal.

I do understand what some people are on about when they talk about hypocritical double standards -- I would probably be put off going out with a girl I knew had been ridin away with different partners every weekend even though it's what I often do myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I think many people’s problem, male and female, is that if they slept with someone on the first night then they would think that the other half was easy. No one wants to looks at OH’s friends or acquaintances of the opposite sex and think “Did they sleep together?”. Some people are more liberal than others and some won’t get over it and will be hypocritical in their thinking.
    If I had a one night stand after a date then my comfort zone with starting a relationship would be based more on the date than what went on in the sack. As long as we clicked I wouldn’t care. I’d be as guilty as her of anything that happened. Ideally I would prefer to wait but let the chips fall where they may.

Advertisement