Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear alcoholism no more...

Options
  • 11-12-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

It now has an apparent cure

Link

Simply substitute for another drug:rolleyes:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

i'd rather be constantly drunk than take a muscle-relaxant every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

"Side effects include increased levels of bowel movement"*

*not true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Fear??...

More like "Embrace"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭oztots

If we spiked the water supply with this stuff ireland would up its productivity by 50%

Then we could survive the recession and come out the other end a bunch of dryballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

It now has an apparent cure

Link

Simply substitute for another drug:rolleyes:
    I happen to like being an alcoholic:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

lottodrink wrote: »
    I happen to like being an alcoholic:p

And now i don't have to live in fear of you, if you get pissed and out of control i can just inject you with muscle relaxant and watch your legs turn to jelly and you fall over:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Don't have to much faith in this but would be great for alot if there was some truth to it. Havin to carry a roll of bog-paper might not be the best though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

And now i don't have to live in fear of you, if you get pissed and out of control i can just inject you with muscle relaxant and watch your legs turn to jelly and you fall over:D
    Well I dont think I would need the muscle relaxent my legs tend to turn to jelly after a few hours in the pub lol... Ah I'm a friendly drunk so your safe;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

oztots wrote: »
    If we spiked the water supply with this stuff ireland would up its productivity by 50%

yeah, coz muscle relaxants are known for their ability to give people energy and not for making even getting up from a couch a huge effert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

The Drug

"Withdrawal syndrome

Discontinuation of baclofen can be associated with a withdrawal syndrome which resembles benzodiazepine withdrawal and alcohol withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms are more likely if baclofen is used for long periods of time (more than a couple of months) and can occur from low or high doses. The severity of baclofen withdrawal depends on the rate at which baclofen is discontinued. Thus to minimise baclofen withdrawal symptoms the dose should be tapered down slowly when discontinuing baclofen therapy. Abrupt withdrawal is most likely to result in severe withdrawal symptoms. Acute withdrawal symptoms can be stopped by recommencing baclofen.[10]
    This section may contain inappropriate or misinterpreted citations that do not verify the text.
    Please help improve this article by checking for inaccuracies. (November 2008) (help, talk, get involved!)

Withdrawal symptoms may include auditory hallucinations, visual hallucinations, tactile hallucinations, delusions, confusion, agitation, delirium, disorientation, fluctuation of consciousness, insomnia, inattention, memory impairments, perceptual disturbances, anxiety, depersonalization, hypertonia, hyperthermia, formal thought disorder, psychosis, mania, mood disturbances, restlessness, and behavioral disturbances, tachycardia, seizures, tremors, autonomic dysfunction, hyperpyrexia, extreme muscle rigidity resembling neuroleptic malignant syndrome and rebound spasticity.[10]"

The cure sounds worse than the disease tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Hellm0 wrote: »
    The Drug

"Withdrawal syndrome

Discontinuation of baclofen can be associated with a withdrawal syndrome which resembles benzodiazepine withdrawal and alcohol withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms are more likely if baclofen is used for long periods of time (more than a couple of months) and can occur from low or high doses. The severity of baclofen withdrawal depends on the rate at which baclofen is discontinued. Thus to minimise baclofen withdrawal symptoms the dose should be tapered down slowly when discontinuing baclofen therapy. Abrupt withdrawal is most likely to result in severe withdrawal symptoms. Acute withdrawal symptoms can be stopped by recommencing baclofen.[10]
    This section may contain inappropriate or misinterpreted citations that do not verify the text.
    Please help improve this article by checking for inaccuracies. (November 2008) (help, talk, get involved!)

Withdrawal symptoms may include auditory hallucinations, visual hallucinations, tactile hallucinations, delusions, confusion, agitation, delirium, disorientation, fluctuation of consciousness, insomnia, inattention, memory impairments, perceptual disturbances, anxiety, depersonalization, hypertonia, hyperthermia, formal thought disorder, psychosis, mania, mood disturbances, restlessness, and behavioral disturbances, tachycardia, seizures, tremors, autonomic dysfunction, hyperpyrexia, extreme muscle rigidity resembling neuroleptic malignant syndrome and rebound spasticity.[10]"

i hear your off the drink.....i am yeh....but im pretty sure im being followed everywhere, i cant remember who i am and im lost......*has seizure*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Hellm0 wrote: »
    The Drug

"Withdrawal syndrome

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did someone tell Terry yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

:cool:

Quality nick mate, very relevant for this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

If you cant control your drinking, taking another drug is not an answer. Consider it an allergy to alcohol if you cant handle alcohol and make the most of life without drink.

Advertisement