Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What position would you play?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The poll is not fair
    Where is my position ? I made it my own throughout my entire playing career

4TH SUB.

I was perfect for the role , could sit there looking interested for the entire 90mins and as for my sideline warm up routine, it was a thing of beauty and something to behold .
    I was up there with the best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Holding Midfeilder or Left full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Once, in a past life, I was a reasonable goalkeeper, played at an OK-ish level. So like all goalkeepers, I'd fancy myself as a free scoring forward! In the mould of a Martin O'Neill type striker. Like Chris Sutton, John Hartson, Emile Heskey, John Carew and, when times called for it, Bobo Baldé. Big, useless and overweight. That's me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Looking at the poll, its interesting to see that that theres more Left wingers then right wingers, and more left backs then right backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Plumped for Supporting striker myself. There are a couple of reasons, I have played all over in my days, most on the wings then four or five very succesful seasons at DC. In the last few years I have been up top, classic big lad little lad thing. I hold up the ball, pass it off or turn a man and have a crack. I really enjoy it, the only issue I find is that as a tall wide shouldered lad I do not get many frees going my way when fouled.

This season I have played 10 games got 5 goals and 12 assists. In professional football that record compares quite well with Carlton coles whole career :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Looking at the poll, its interesting to see that that theres more Left wingers then right wingers, and more left backs then right backs.
    If you're a left footer you're probably going to be at least tried on the left at some point. "We need a left back today. Who's left footed?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Left back would be my best bet, was always better at defending than attacking in school :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

keeper

i used to be a pretty handy goalie before a spate of bad luck ended my playing at 17

i havent kicked a ball in anger since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I played right back all the way through underage and liked the position, thats providing the manager is happy to allow you get forward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Used to be a box to box midfielder back in the day. Switched to right full as fitness fell. Back in good shape at the moment so prefer midfield. Box to box part has suffered though even if I am fit again.

Advertisement