Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Un-pedestrianise Broad St?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

well i work right in the middle of john roberts square and it has quiented down a lot in the past few years, but its not becasue of the pedastrainisation, i cannot spell btw, its because of everything being outside the city and its now its like a doughnut effect.

Even today for example i was in town getting a haridryer for a xmas present and i got one reduced form 50 to 30 in debenhams so i was delighted, when i was home i got a call form a friend saying there was hairdryers reduced form like 95 to 30 in tx maxx, so i though whats the point in going into town if im going to get better deals outside the town, and theres better parking outside town too.

And all the square would need to keep it lively in the evening would be a few places to eat, casual places like ginos and places like that. and if there was a mini-market, like darreghas use to be it would be fantastic, especially for the other buisness around the area caus were dying a death :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

Cabaal wrote: »
    High cost of parking (compared to free), find a parking space, bigger crowds, more traffic, might be a few reasons for these people :)

I always find this attitude funny. The same people will drive 100 miles to Dublin or Cork, where it can be harder to find parking; there are much bigger crowds, way more traffic, more expensive parking charges and drive 100 miles home.

The problem with the city centre is that it is just not creating a big enough attraction. In my opinion the city council is the main cause of this problem.

I do think a lot will change though, shopping wise, when the Newgate Centre opens.

Advertisement