Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dart.ie website on iphone 3g?

• 11-12-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

can sm1 check if this site works on their iphone?

tryin to check when the next dart is and it just wont work on the iphone..it wont let u select a station..so have to load up my laptop every aspecially..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You winding him up Vimes or did you fail to check your Google search result?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

any1 at all knw anyway to chech dart times via a mobile browser (iphone 3g)? I know there is sum no. u can txt, but since i have a data plan id rather do it on line , if possible...

thanks.

P.S just to clarify, when i say DART, a mean the Dublin Area Rapid Transport!

i think i may have failed to check the result :D

I forgot several countries have services called dart like dallas. There is a dart mobile site though

/googles

i can't find any mention of it on the website but i'm sure i've seen it before. I think i may be going insane......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i can't find any mention of it on the website but i'm sure i've seen it before. I think i may be going insane......
    JMC made a web based version of your BART application which has since been suspended. I think they blocked his IP address. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

i don't think so. I remember when he first made it seeing that there was already an official mobile site for it and thinking "well that was a waste of time" :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Bit of a fail tbh :P
    Random wrote: »
    JMC made a web based version of your BART application which has since been suspended. I think they blocked his IP address. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
    Yea.. they blocked my domain name... (kinda proud now.. thats 3 big companies that have blocked me/changed their website cause of me :P)

Script still works if anyone wants to host it.

I have my personal version on my super sekrit server ;)
    i don't think so. I remember when he first made it seeing that there was already an official mobile site for it and thinking "well that was a waste of time" :D
    hahahah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

cojomo2 wrote: »
    can sm1 check if this site works on their iphone?

tryin to check when the next dart is and it just wont work on the iphone..it wont let u select a station..so have to load up my laptop every aspecially..

Pffft, you don't need a 3G iPhone to check it.

It works fine on my 2G iPhone, though it redirects to the main Irish Rail page.

No problem selecting/entering stations.

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Bit of a fail tbh :P
    Quiet you :P
    Yea.. they blocked my domain name... (kinda proud now.. thats 3 big companies that have blocked me/changed their website cause of me :P)
    What was the third? I know bt did but i don't know the third. I'm surprised they blocked yours after a few weeks but never blocked mine tbh
    Script still works if anyone wants to host it.
    You gave it to me before but i.ll take a copy off you again to make sure i have the most recent version. And because i have no idea where the old one is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

What was the third? I know bt did but i don't know the third. I'm surprised they blocked yours after a few weeks but never blocked mine tbh
    Dublin Bus, Irish Rail and BT.

I think it was becuase i gave people the option of typing in a station name. Meant my script would have been showing up as a dodgy referer.

That and the fact that i created an infinite loop that brought down the dublin bus sql db for about 10 mins :P
    You gave it to me before but i.ll take a copy off you again to make sure i have the most recent version. And because i have no idea where the old one is
    now that i think of it.. i dunno where i have it either..

ill have a look for it, and if i cant find it ill pull it down off the server and zip it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Pffft, you don't need a 3G iPhone to check it.

It works fine on my 2G iPhone, though it redirects to the main Irish Rail page.

No problem selecting/entering stations.

Can u explain how to select a station? This is for Dart yeah? If i click on the empty box a pop up (new page) loads with the list of stations, and it says to double click on station of choice..i cant do this...i can highlight any station but not actually select it..any help appreciated as i use this site every day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ah, I see what you are saying. No, that doesn't work. I was manually typing in the station names.

Advertisement