Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3G Battery test

• 11-12-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Just got my Iphone a week now and just wondering how everyone else’s battery lasts for?

In a small test I did, I had a full charge and had everything switched off (wifi/3g/push) except Bluetooth (needed for the car) – made about 10 minutes of calls and same amount of texts and I got 24 hours before it died.

With a full recharge today I was streaming a radio station over 3G for about 80 minutes – battery dropped to 50% approx?? I take it that’s normal ?

How is everyone else behaving …. or is this normal ?

i cant see it getting the results these guys get

http://gizmodo.com/5025309/round-up-nine-iphone-3g-battery-life-test-results

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

bluetooth does put a good drain on the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

is anyone getting more the 2 days is what I really want to know - with all the utilities on or off ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I only get about a day and I have bluetooth off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

if i charge my phone on a sunday night, i wont have to charge again till tue night..unless im using a lot of surfing or streaming video..then ill only get 1 day...

at times when using the iphone as a phone and not so much a media device, u should get two days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

i tend to get a day and a half out of mine, lots of texting, few calls & a bit of internet browsing

i leave the fetch mail feature, bluetooh & wifi off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

I get about two days. Usually I top up overnight though.
    I switch off wifi except at home. 3G is always on. Bluetooth is never on.
    My worst battery time was a one hour drive using maps. No juice....after an hour.
    I went out and bought a car charger.
    I'm not that bothered as I don't see it as a phone but as a pda sorta thing so I expect heavier battery drainage.

Advertisement