Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XML Parsing Error

Options
  • 11-12-2008 4:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

This is a fúcking disgrace. I bought the game a few weeks ago, it worked ok for 2-3 days, then all of a sudden it wouldnt load up when i tried. I got the XML parsing error messages. I said id leave it til i got the internet sorted in the house, downloaded the patch and no difference. I've re-installed the game and still getting the same message. Ive tried what they say to do on the offical forums and its still not working.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

When you uninstalled the game did you then manually delete the FM 2009 folder in my documents and the ones in programme files?

FM 09 - Football Manager 2009 XML Parsing error problem and solution here. If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

1. Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    2. Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu. In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    3. Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.
    4. You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

* If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory: C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
    * If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory: C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Was that the solution you tried?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

yes it was. And i deleted everything when i uninstalled it

Melion wrote: »
    yes it was. And i deleted everything when i uninstalled it

Did you keep your save game files? You may need to delete your hidden folders as well.

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
    3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
    4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Windows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    2. Click your username on the start Menu
    3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
    4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
    5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder

Sorry if you have tried this already and if you do have your saved games then your not going to be able to use them because they are corrupted.

When does the error occur? When you start the game, loading up a saved game or during a game?

All sorted, thanks a lot man

Melion wrote: »
    All sorted, thanks a lot man

Did it work or did you sort it out yourself?

• Advertisement

Did what you posted, i hadnt deleted the hidden folders.

okie dokie glad to help. :)

Advertisement