Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor made a mistake so why do i pay?

• 11-12-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

hi,
    when i checked when i had to top up by 20€ by using the text service it says 10/1/09
    now i've sent them the message, like i've spent a good bit of credit on phone a friend for free and on meteor numbers,
    have i a right to claim credit because their system messed up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'm a bit lost by that

Are you saying that you checked when your phone a friend for free offer was running out and it mistakenly said 10/01/09

Then you continued to use it after it ran out and were charged for calls.

When did it run out? Normally i'd say the credit should be refunded but if it was as obviously wrong as two months after you last topped up you should have realised something was wrong and queried it

but that's just my opinion. I don't know if meteor will apply that logic or even if they're legally allowed to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

according to cc my free texts were up yesterday.

meteor have a text service which tells you when you have to top up to continue getting free texts.

the text service says i need to top up by the 10th of jan.

my free texts are only up 1 day, but it's annoying as i would've topped up had i known and also i now have no credit.
    but i don't see how i'm at fault, like i don't mark a note on the calendar saying ooh bought 20e credit today.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    but that's just my opinion. I don't know if meteor will apply that logic or even if they're legally allowed to

like at the end of the day it's only around 8e credit, but it's the free texts and fone a friend for free that i mainly use, like i didn't do anything wrong but trust meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

but surely you knew yourself that ya hadnt topped up 1 day ago and that the 10th of jan 09 was further away, the text was obviously wrong but i doubt they will refund it

• Advertisement

well i used the logic that, ok 30 days, because i top up by 20e more than once during a month, so maybe it just adds 30days to whatever is left. that logic makes sense no?

that's not how it works i'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

metalfest wrote: »
    i didn't do anything wrong but trust meteor

lol, "and the moral of the story is....:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

lol, "and the moral of the story is....:D
    Do you realise how irritating you are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Do you realise

it's nothing got to do with meteor, it could apply to any company...and does:P
    thought metalfast was pretty trusting of companys he hands money to, it's a good quality...:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement