Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me in choosing my phone?

• 11-12-2008 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hey all, hopefully some of you can give some advice.

Basically, I've saved up for quite a while to get myself a decent phone this christmas, but the market seems absolutely huge and I'm a bit lost.

As it is, I'm using a Nokia N70, which is excellent, I really love it. The main reason I'm getting a new phone is becuase I've had the N70 for a good while now and it's old, it just needs replacing. I've found it a great phone though.

So I'd like something similar to an N70, but not necessarliy in the N range, if you get me.

I'd like it to have:
    - High memory
    - A good camera
    - Very functional apps, the best thing about the N70 for me was that it could use appications my previous phones couldnt, which I liked. I'd love to have maps on my phone though, word readers, etc etc. the closer it is to a handheld computer the better :P
    - A good interface

That's basically the kind of stuff I'm looking for.
    Sorry if threads like this are done to death, or if I should have searched more, could just do with some help!

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who's going to be first to tell nailer...:) cough, cough, e....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Who's going to be first to tell nailer...:) cough, cough, e....

I was kinda expecting a situation like this, but there seems to endless N-series models available...

the holy grail..;)

nokia-e71.jpg

E71?
    Is it gettable over here, how much, better than N95, and is it very recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

Check the new Nokia N79 out...excellent phone, just bought 1 on ebay €300...
    has GPS, WIFI, 5MP Cam...

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n79-2497.php

• Advertisement

E71?
    Is it gettable over here, how much, better than N95, and is it very recommended?

All networks have it, i've a 3 version.....it's the top phone...phone of the year...loads of threads about it...

nokia-e71-oscar2.jpg

It looks very good, how do you find the QWERTY keyboard on it drunkmonkey??
    Any cool apps for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Normally I'd be an e71 fanboi but your spec mentioned a good camera, which, relatively speaking, the E71 ain't got.

It might be slightly better than your N70 (class phone btw), but in terms of picture quality and flash it would be a fair way off a decent N series.

Have a look at the N82 maybe. (you'll have to import it though)

long_b wrote: »
    Normally I'd be an e71 fanboi but your spec mentioned a good camera, which, relatively speaking, the E71 ain't got.

It might be slightly better than your N70 (class phone btw), but in terms of picture quality and flash it would be a fair way off a decent N series.

Have a look at the N82 maybe. (you'll have to import it though)

Thanks for the heads up on the camera! It's surely better than an N70's camera though? I reckon i'd sacrifice a great camera if the rest of the phone was the business, which it seems it is. Yeah I love the N70, only problem I'd have with it is that my gallery is very sluggish, probably due to a very full memory card though.

Anyone have any info on cool apps for the e71? They're the main thing I'd be really interested in, as well as info on how the QWERTY keyboard is to use, I've never used one on a phone before!

Advertisement