Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any body doing or did Historical Geog?

Options
  • 11-12-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Im pretty ****ed for this no blackboard, no tutorials. I attended alot of the lectures but cant make heads nor tails out of it.

Help please.

SJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I'm in the same boat, probably everyone else is. Had no idea what exactly to take from the lectures at all, the CD doesn't help at all either. From what I remember from past papers whicvh I looked at a while ago though, the exam is basically write on two topics from a list he gives that don't change and the questions are rarely anything too different, so basically pick two topics and do some research online, enough to put together an essay on them both. That's my plan, and probably why he said everyone always picks the famine as it has the most information readily available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

Is this a course about Ireland, placenames, the history of the landscape etc with William Nolan?

If so, he gave us a photocopy of a book called the Landscape of Ireland which has some really good essays on the Neolithic, placenames etc. Did he not give it to you?

In one of his last lectures he basically gave us a run down of what he'd want to see in an essay. Again did he not did do this with you?

He likes if you do a bit of your own research i.e. pick an area in the country and take examples from it.

We didn't have tutorials with him and we didn't need them. He gave us a lot of suggestions of secondary reading and as long as you took good notes and showed that you've actually thought about the question it wasn't too hard to do well.

Advertisement