Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best heel in the wwe right now?

• 11-12-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

IL probably risk scorn from my fellow posters with the following statement, but at the moment I think the best heel in WWE by miles is Vicky. The reaction she gets is incredible, and to her credit she knows how to work the crowd masterfully, just watch her
    accept her award the other night on Raw
    . I know Jericho, and Edge are awesome but honestly they could only dream of attracting a fraction of the heat that she gets, and at the end of the day that is the job of the heel. Ignoring Vickie, Id pick Edge, he is more than capable of cutting a promo. Anyways who do fellow posters think is the best heel out their right now in the WWE?

best heel? 38 votes

Vickie
    0% 0 votes
    Edge
    34% 13 votes
    Orton
    31% 12 votes
    Jbl
    26% 10 votes
    MVP
    5% 2 votes
    Jericho
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I actually have to agree on Vicky. You can't ignore her and she is as irritating as f00k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sabotage wrote: »
    I actually have to agree on Vicky. You can't ignore her and she is as irritating as f00k.

Fair point but I suspect she and Vince are well aware of that. Orton and a few other midcard heels like Miz/Morrison despite their best efforts still get lots of cheers which gos against their role. Vickie gets pure old fashioned hate from the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

its jericho for me by a long shot....love it when he's heel. hop he beats cena to pulp and finishes him once and for all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Raw spoiler in there by the way. I voted Jericho. Vicky is definately the most hated but I don't give her credit for it because it's real life heat. I think people don't actually like her as a person: Vicky Guerrero the real person, not Vicky Guerrero the GM. Then again I haven't hated a heel since I found out wrestling wasn't real about 18 years ago. I HATED Flair when I was a kid but when I found out the truth about wrestling I began to like him. If I see them doing a good job like Jericho, my first urge is to cheer not boo them therefore the heel is dead. Unless of course you play along with the show and do as WWE want you to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

By far and away its Vicky. She seems to garner natural heel heat. Her association with Edge helps no end as well. She plays the crowd very well. To turn her would be criminal and would lead to her becoming a non entity, and her eventual quick release.

I disagree with Orton even being on the list, as he is getting as good face pops as he is heel ones.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    I disagree with Orton even being on the list, as he is getting as good face pops as he is heel ones.

Thats what I'm talking about. I believe that means he is a good heel, not a bad one. People genuinley like him. I hate when WWE interprets this as the crowd changing their attitude or the heel doing a poor job. Often it means the complete opposite. They turned Kennedy face and now he's ineffective.

A heels job is to get booed. If he is not being booed, he is not doing his job properly. Vicky is playing it perfectly. She gets roundly booed throughout the venue doing her job perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Remember ..on smackdown there is huge editing for the crowd..So the heel pops Vickie gets are exaggerated...They made a mistake i think a week ago..Maryse hit a clothesline on McCool i think..And it got the biggest pop of the night..this was crowd editing

gimmick wrote: »
    A heels job is to get booed. If he is not being booed, he is not doing his job properly. Vicky is playing it perfectly. She gets roundly booed throughout the venue doing her job perfectly.

Well I think if he is getting cheered he IS doing his job properly. Probably too well. Crowd reaction does not determine whether you are a heel or not. It's your behaviour in and out of the ring. Going by your definition, Orton is in fact, doing a bad job and should be turned face, and we all now how crap that would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

callaway92 wrote: »
    Remember ..on smackdown there is huge editing for the crowd..So the heel pops Vickie gets are exaggerated...They made a mistake i think a week ago..Maryse hit a clothesline on McCool i think..And it got the biggest pop of the night..this was crowd editing

Don't really think that matters. Vickie got huge heat when she appeared on the last PPV and again on Raw on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

On RAW - Jericho and he'll probably win this poll by a landslide too.
    On SD! - Vickie Guerrero - instant heel heat from the second she says "EXCUSE ME!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would say Edge has been the best heel for the past 3 years. I agree with forbesii on Vickie. Whenever I've seen her it seems to me she's disliked in the way X-Pac was, ie 'get off my screen'. I don't consider that good heel heat. To me it's the same heat Adamle garnered.

I think Edge works his role to perfection. One moment sticks out for me which I believe was the night after Unforgiven when he lost his WWE title to John Cena in the ladder match. I think this was 2006 if memory serves me right. He was in Montreal and received a hero's reception as he made his way to the ring. Cena had been heavily booed. As soon as Edge got on the mic he went on about how Montreal wasn't the 'real Canada' and how they were all weak Frenchman etc. The crowd were booing the hell out of him after that. I remember thinking how so few people in the business could turn a crowd like that. Interestingly The Rock actually did the complete reverse in the same city the night after Wrestlemania 18. He turned a crowd that hated his guts into one that was chanting his name after his shots at Nash and Hall. He proved what a great babyface he was.

I don't think Vickie should ever seriously be compared to a master of the art like Edge. You could put me on the mic on Smackdown and you can be sure they'd boo the sh*t out of me and I can assure you it would be nothing to do with my great heel persona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Poll should've been split somehow for Raw and Smackdown
    Interestingly The Rock actually did the complete reverse in the same city the night after Wrestlemania 18. He turned a crowd that hated his guts into one that was chanting his name after his shots at Nash and Hall. He proved what a great babyface he was.

Was that when he called Diesel "Big Daddy BITCH!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was that when he called Diesel "Big Daddy BITCH!"

Yep one of my favourite lines ever from The Rock! I read somewhere that afterwards Nash complained to Vince about The Rock saying that. I've no idea if that's true but I choose to believe it is. :pac:

Yep one of my favourite lines ever from The Rock! I read somewhere that afterwards Nash complained to Vince about The Rock saying that. I've no idea if that's true but I choose to believe it is. :pac:

Yeah , it was either unscripted or improved by The Great One himself.

it seems to me she's disliked in the way X-Pac was, ie 'get off my screen'. I don't consider that good heel heat.

I disagree with that. I think she plays her role very well indeed. X pac heat it aint, for me its not anyway. I enjoy her character.
    I think Edge works his role to perfection. One moment sticks out for me which I believe was the night after Unforgiven when he lost his WWE title to John Cena in the ladder match. I think this was 2006 if memory serves me right. He was in Montreal and received a hero's reception as he made his way to the ring. Cena had been heavily booed. As soon as Edge got on the mic he went on about how Montreal wasn't the 'real Canada' and how they were all weak Frenchman etc. The crowd were booing the hell out of him after that. I remember thinking how so few people in the business could turn a crowd like that.

Can't disagree with any of that. His heel work over the last few years has been unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Male - Jericho

Female - Vickie - her boos are so loud i can never hear her

I dislike Vicki, I find her hard to watch . She dances around that boundary of the "f*ck off, you're crap" I think. I see her function though but I've also seen all the angles, interference, promos, match stipulations etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

EXCUSE ME!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The answer is Vicky, quite obviously. No one in WWE has the type of venom spewed at them that she gets.

But this talk of "X-Pac heat" is rubbish. Heat is heat, no matter what way smarks try to label it and its something that wrestlers are finding it harder and harder to come by since the lines between face and heel were blurred during the attitude era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

X-Pac wishes that he got the heat that Vickie gets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

flahavaj wrote: »
    The answer is Vicky, quite obviously. No one in WWE has the type of venom spewed at them that she gets.

But this talk of "X-Pac heat" is rubbish. Heat is heat, no matter what way smarks try to label it and its something that wrestlers are finding it harder and harder to come by since the lines between face and heel were blurred during the attitude era.
    I blame the NWO.

Anyway, I voted for Jericho cus of that smacker he landed on Michaels' wife. Made me wince. Although, I do have to give Vickie her props.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

callaway92 wrote: »

she got booed out of the building at smackdown in manchester last month, no need for crowd editing, they really hate her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Jason93

It's definitely not Orton or Edge anyways cause they get their fair ammount of cheers, I'm going with Vickie, MVP & Jericho here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

but is Vickie a good heel or just someone the fans despise because they know she is in the federation for one reason (her Husband(Ive prob started an argument here)), and because she only has one catchphrase to generate heat in which case the boos are get off ...EXCUSE ME:pac:.. get off the stage boos?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That's a fair point though.

Lets face it if weren't for Eddie who knows where she'd be now.

I voted off her. Even if it wasn't for all the stuff with the Edge storyline happening not to long after Eddie's death, I'd still hate her.

Her voice is like a drill be inserted into my skull :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Jericho gets my vote,its amazing the turnaround his character has had since he returned last year,credit to him for realising that his y2j face character wasnt working anymore and creating a totally new character.

I think 50%of vickies heat can be attributed to her voice!so feckin irritating but she can definitely work the crowd very well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Jericho.

He can switch between heel and face at the drop of a hat and make you forget his previous persona.

There are very few wrestlers who can do the same.

Advertisement