Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ProEvo v Fifa Debate continues

Options
  • 11-12-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

After playing pro evo for many many years in many many places, I've recently thought about changing to Fifa. proevo is boring now. have you seen their menu in the latest version?? what the hell is that???..Konami must of made a packet from previous release and they put nothing back into the production of the game. I know its about the game play but come on...all those lads shaking hands..looks like a weird cult.

what you think..Fifa or ProEvo??

Fifa or Pro Evo? 101 votes

Fifa, pro evo had their time at the top.
    0% 0 votes
    Pro Evo all the way
    100% 101 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Pro thats all although fifa has improved still pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i never thought id consider plaing fifa again but the fact that proevo hasnt been improved in any way online since last year just kills it completely.

its still much better offline and far more realistic but i prefer playing online when i can so i'll more than likely be getting fifa next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Pro evo has failed on PS3. Gameplay is almost the exact same, certainly it is arcade like which automatically rules out the need for good graphics.
    FIFA on the PS3 has taken to it like a duck to water. Greater depth to the singl and multiplayer modes, gameplay fantastic and real compared to Pro Evo.
    Become a Pro in FIFA is what makes it. The camera combined with the active in-game scoring trumps Pro Evo's appalling and repetitive Become a Legend. Pro Evo's Become a Legend is the exact same as using the player cam in previous versions. Pro Evo 2008 on the Ps2 is the Pro Evo for me

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Pro evo has failed on PS3. Gameplay is almost the exact same, certainly it is arcade like which automatically rules out the need for good graphics.
    FIFA on the PS3 has taken to it like a duck to water. Greater depth to the singl and multiplayer modes, gameplay fantastic and real compared to Pro Evo.
    Become a Pro in FIFA is what makes it. The camera combined with the active in-game scoring trumps Pro Evo's appalling and repetitive Become a Legend. Pro Evo's Become a Legend is the exact same as using the player cam in previous versions. Pro Evo 2008 on the Ps2 is the Pro Evo for me

I have played Become a Pro in Fifa and I loved it. The way the camera goes intense and shakey when ur storming towards the goal is a game winner. Havent played Become a Legend on proevo yet tho. Cant imagine it being as good. Konami seem to lack imagination or any concept of style. Proevo is presented poorly (and seems to get worse every year). Time for a change me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

Over the last few years pro evo has gone down hill. Where as fifa has improved by miles. The last five years Ive always brought pro evo and never fifa, but this year that changed. I really hope konami will improve for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Rosedale6 wrote: »
    Over the last few years pro evo has gone down hill. Where as fifa has improved by miles. The last five years Ive always brought pro evo and never fifa, but this year that changed. I really hope konami will improve for next year.

I'm the exact same. Pes is just flogging a dead horse in a next gen world. They need to pick up the pieces big time next year or it could ruin them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm torn. Pro Evo has good gameplay but the lack of licensing is really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

Pro Evo used to be far better, but it never developed as most would have hoped, FIFA has constantly been improving and has since overtaken PES as the best footie game.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Current gen = pro evo
    Next gen = fifa
    simple as that really for me. always got pro evo on the ps2 but when i got a ps3 i couldnt stand pro evo on it so i tried fifa and havent looked back since. infact i became so obsessed with fifa i almost qualified for a world cup thing in germany last year but finished a few places outside qualifying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Played them both back to back with all defaults on. Biggest difference was that pro evo was so much faster, but also more boring as it's just the same old thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Current gen = pro evo
    Next gen = fifa
    simple as that really for me. always got pro evo on the ps2 but when i got a ps3 i couldnt stand pro evo on it so i tried fifa and havent looked back since. infact i became so obsessed with fifa i almost qualified for a world cup thing in germany last year but finished a few places outside qualifying
    Well the key being that what you refer to as Next Gen is now the Current Gen, to which what you refer to as Current Gen is now the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,349 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Pro Evo's gameplay, I still prefer it offline.

Disgrace online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I plaed Fifa 09 for about 2 1/2 hours last night and I honestly think it is one of the worst, if not the worst football game I have ever played!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

PES has been rubbish for the last 2 years, and they don't seem to care...the loyal fans will snap it up regardless. Fifa this year is superb, the best football game I have played (and I have been playing since Fifa Soccer in 1994.

The fact that FIFA is winning a popularity poll on the PES forum says a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

FutureGuy wrote: »
    PES has been rubbish for the last 2 years, and they don't seem to care...the loyal fans will snap it up regardless. Fifa this year is superb, the best football game I have played (and I have been playing since Fifa Soccer in 1994.

I found my fifa 95 for the mega drive today! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,349 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Looks level to me.

Apart from online I still prefer PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'm torn. Pro Evo has good gameplay but the lack of licensing is really annoying

Easily fixed with an updated option file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

FIFA, easily. I used to be a Pro Evo junkie, and I think they topped out with PES6, to that time the best soccer sim I'd ever played. By Lord, I gave that some master league action!

But PES2008 and the latest one are poor. After I have been playing FIFA09 a bit, a few mates came over and played it, said it was too slow, so we loaded up PES2009.

It just seemed like a headlong race for the ball, no tactics, no space, no reality.

FIFA has become the connoisseur's choice, simple as. And it's a good thing, helps to get Konami's arse in gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Agreed, I was a PES man up until last year.

Fifa has improved greatly where PES seems to have stood still the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Fifa hands down for me. I used to get every single pro evo for years there but last yer i got fifa 08 and it seemed like they were goin in the right direction but 09 beats pro evo now defo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

No debate this season, Fifa has overtaken PES as the best football sim!!

Oh the joy of proper online games/teams/stadiums/commentators!!

anyone have any idea how much each of these are selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

you can pick Fifa up cheap enough. 30e in xtra-vision so you might even get it cheaper second-hand.... Not sure about Pro-Evo as the game is so bad you may only find it in the bargain basement!! You might even get it free when you buy FIFA..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Fifa 09 is immense!

Crackin game, apart from a few annoying bugs it's pure brilliance, 9/10!

winston82 wrote: »
    you can pick Fifa up cheap enough. 30e in xtra-vision so you might even get it cheaper second-hand.... Not sure about Pro-Evo as the game is so bad you may only find it in the bargain basement!! You might even get it free when you buy FIFA..

sorry, ment how many units each are selling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 pcworldsucks

Pro Evo forever, people are turning against it out of spite basically. Anything that is successful evenutally gets knocked down even if it's still as good as ever.

Pro Evo forever

blind loyality makes developers lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Fifa 09 is easily the best football game ever made. Well since Sensible Soccer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Pro Evo forever, people are turning against it out of spite basically. Anything that is successful evenutally gets knocked down even if it's still as good as ever.

No, that isn't the case at all.

p.s nice name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

FIFA is the best footie game since I played Kick and Run (mexico 86) when it came out.

Advertisement