Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nocturnal Forum Santa Strike Force Challanges!

• 11-12-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Ok, we've pretty much blatantly nicked this idea from AH, but what the hell, it's all in aid of the kiddies so no-one can get too annoyed with us :D

Basically, you challenge another user to do something and offer to donate some cash to the Santa Strike Force if they do it.

So far SDooM has been challenged to post in nothing but motivational pictures for a day by JaneyMc and Koth, thread here, but we figured having a single thread here for nocturnal challenges would be the best bet. So who do you want to challenge to do what?

We have no way of keeping track of whether or not people follow through with their promised donations if a person accepts and performs their challenge, so were taking it pretty much on good faith that they will, cos we have faith in the goodness of human nature (seriously, we do!) so if you say you're gonna pay up, please do so or you will make nerin cry.

So, let the fun commence :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I'm up for a challenge:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

:D that means me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

A challenger appears....

(Yes,i still think theres too many humans,and no,this nice behaviour of late is not permanent,i'm still all growly)

So what do ye want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Right I'd be willing to do a challenge. I've already pledged a fair few quid at this stage so maybe if I do a challenge I can raise some more much needed cash. So if anybody has something that they'd like to see me do then let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Need someone to master these challenges? :pac:

I'm not going to challenge anyone, cos, I've no money, but *cough* suggestion of randylonghorn posting pics of himself *cough* I'll make suggestions!

>_>

<_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nah, I only have ... em ... professional pics, dude, and they don't allow us to post those on this site. >_>

If you like, though, I do have some pictures of you which I could post? Not embarrassing at all, loike! <_<

(Well, not for me!)

Actually, more seriously, I do have an idea for a challenge I might throw out there, but I need to check one or two things first! ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Actually, more seriously, I do have an idea for a challenge I might throw out there, but I need to check one or two things first! ;) :pac:

Count me in dude, anything for the kiddies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

*Has a good idea (they only happen at 3 in the morning!)*

*scuttles off*

Challenged:

Nerin, roof-dweller and hereditary keeper of noxcat ... Ahem, announcing a late substitution! Let's just say that everyone had better put their hands deep in their pockets, or they might be facing the wrath of ... >_>

Otestes, last scion of a vanished empire and acolyte of the spandex soap operas ...

... and Onkle, harem harlot of the ladies lounge.

Very well, gentlemen, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is as follows:

link

Yes, that's right: to perform for your fellow Boardsies at the Christmas Boards Beers the Gilbert & Sullivan classic Three Little Maids From School Are We!

Rules of engagement:

1) Given the time of year, full costume will not be mandatory. However, fans or parasols, and at least some effort at getting into character will be expected.

2) You may enlist the assistance of a musical director / choreographer such as Fonpokno or FutureCrook or one of the other musical ladies (or gentlemen?) of the forum. In fact, you may enlist the help of as many of them as are willing, for the sake of the audience as much as for yours!

And to start the ball rolling, I will offer €100 for SSF (well, I drink too much at Christmas anyway!!)

I think it's worth a little more than that though ... hint, hint!

Gentlemen, how say ye, yea or nay?!

(Actually, once we have agreement from the three of you, it might be worth posting in some of the other forums which the 3 of you frequent or even mod ... I am sure there are others who would pay to embarrass you!! :pac:

Oh, and can someone please make sure to bring a camcorder!! :D )

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Challenged:

Nerin, roof-dweller and hereditary keeper of noxcat ...

Otestes, last scion of a vanished empire and acolyte of the spandex soap operas ...

... and Onkle, harem harlot of the ladies lounge.

Very well, gentlemen, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is as follows:

Yes, that's right: to perform for your fellow Boardsies at the Christmas Boards Beers the Gilbert & Sullivan classic Three Little Maids From School Are We!

Rules of engagement:

1) Given the time of year, full costume will not be mandatory. However, fans or parasols, and at least some effort at getting into character will be expected.

2) You may enlist the assistance of a musical director / choreographer such as Fonpokno or FutureCrook or one of the other musical ladies (or gentlemen?) of the forum. In fact, you may enlist the help of as many of them as are willing, for the sake of the audience as much as for yours!

And to start the ball rolling, I will offer €100 for SSF (well, I drink too much at Christmas anyway!!)

I think it's worth a little more than that though ... hint, hint!

Gentlemen, how say ye, yea or nay?!

(Actually, once we have agreement from the three of you, it might be worth posting in some of the other forums which the 3 of you frequent or even mod ... I am sure there are others who would pay to embarrass you!! :pac:

Oh, and can someone please make sure to bring a camcorder!! :D )

I'll match Randy (as long as someone can put it onto the paypal account and I will give it back on Sat, I haven't got a cc!).

This would be pure, liquid, EPIC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I will gladly offer my services as choreographer/musical director.

Also, I'd pay good money to see this. I'll definitely pledge money if you guys do this. Even if just one of you do it. :D

Oh. You. Bastard

If a minimum of €soo is pledged, in total from everywhere on the site, I will do it in full make-up and costume.

I'll put up a link in the Pro Wrestling forum to this now, and put it into my sig.

SDooM wrote: »
    I'll match Randy (as long as someone can put it onto the paypal account and I will give it back on Sat, I haven't got a cc!).

This would be pure, liquid, EPIC.
    Doom, I probably won't be up on Sat, unfortunately, unless plans change, but if there isn't someone handier I'll stick it in for you and we can settle up again some time.
    Nerin wrote: »
    Oh. You. Bastard
    ^_^

orestes wrote: »
    If a minimum of €soo is pledged, in total from everywhere on the site, I will do it in full make-up and costume.

I'll put up a link in the Pro Wrestling forum to this now, and put it into my sig.

If that means you save me from this,i will put aside my hatred for children,and pay you 100 to start this off.

If that means you save me from this,i will put aside my hatred for children,and pay you 100 to start this off.
    Oh, I don't think he was offering you a way out dude!!! :D

Oh, I don't think he was offering you a way out dude!!! :D

Don't make me be the bad guy. :D

You already are! Do it for the kids! Or failing that, do it for the epic lolz.

Dude, look a few posts up ... you're in, whether you like it or not! :p:D

EDIT: Or indeed ... ^^^

>_>

<_<

You're doing it too :D

It will cost you €250 (on top of the site-wide €500) for me to do it without you :P

And even then I might make the crowd force you to get up and do it anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It will cost you €1000 (on top of the site-wide €500) for me to do it without you :P

FYP

It will cost you €250 (on top of the site-wide €500) for me to do it without you :P

And even then I might make the crowd foce you to get up and do it anyway :D

Well then fine. I shall be the bad guy.

*starts taking anger out on sick children*

Well, I got back to G. this evening to find visitors waiting for me, and they're getting pished off with me looking in here, so will check back tomorrow.

Anyone not up for it go find themselves a sub, and promise them a couple of pints!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I will gladly offer my services as choreographer/musical director.

Also, I'd pay good money to see this. I'll definitely pledge money if you guys do this. Even if just one of you do it. :D

Yes me too! Randy you have the greatest ideas ever.

Oh guys please do this. I have no money at the minute. But I'll attempt to pledge half of my piano-teaching earnings for a week if you do this! That's...€70!

Pleeeeeaaasse do it????

Edit: I will also help provide chopsticks and parasols for hair and do your make up! And provide scores if necessary!

fonpokno wrote: »
    Yes me too! Randy you have the greatest ideas ever.

Oh guys please do this. I have no money at the minute. But I'll attempt to pledge half of my piano-teaching earnings for a week if you do this! That's...€70!

Pleeeeeaaasse do it????

Edit: I will also help provide chopsticks and parasols for hair and do your make up! And provide scores if necessary!

I will also help with makeup and/or costumes if you guys go through with this!

feckin impotentnohorn :(

Well I'm up for anything and will do whatever to raise a bit of cash for SSF so I'm game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Onkle wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

fonpokno wrote: »
    Oh guys please do this. I have no money at the minute. But I'll attempt to pledge half of my piano-teaching earnings for a week if you do this! That's...€70

I will also help with makeup and/or costumes if you guys go through with this!

Well I'm in for sure, provided the pledges hit the limit. If the money hits the mark (or even comes close tbh) I give my word that I will do this. It's up to boards to make it happen :p

I'm all in, if it goes ahead then you can dress me up and make me up whatever way you want! But I reckon some singing and dancing lessons might be in order (it's been a while since I've done the dancing thing, and I can't sing worth a damn!)
    Well I'm up for anything and will do whatever to raise a bit of cash for SSF so I'm game

Rock and roll sister! Let's do this! :D

btw, do you know the lyrics to this song, cos I haven't a frigging clue! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

:eek:
    Well I'm in for sure, provided the pledges hit the limit. If the money hits the mark (or even comes close tbh) I give my word that I will do this. It's up to boards to make it happen :p

I'm all in, if it goes ahead then you can dress me up and make me up whatever way you want! But I reckon some singing and dancing lessons might be in order (it's been a while since I've done the dancing thing, and I can't sing worth a damn!)

Three little maids from school are we
    Pert as a school-girl well can be
    Filled to the brim with girlish glee
    Three little maids from school

Everything is a source of fun

Nobody's safe, for we care for none
    Life is a joke that's just begun

Three little maids who, all unwary
    Come from a ladies' seminary
    Freed from its genius tutelary

One little maid is a bride, Yum-Yum

Two little maids in attendance come
    Three little maids is the total sum

From three little maids take one away

Two little maids remain, and they
    Won't have to wait very long, they say

Three little maids who, all unwary
    Come from a ladies' seminary
    Freed from its genius tutelary

where it is stikeout bold and underlined are said by one of the little maids

Onkle
    Kharn
    Orestes

the rest is all together girls:D

get someone to record it :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXWkIZUPmDY

Edited for practice

• Advertisement

Get the wallet out scatbox or it's not gonna happen.

I don't care how small the donation is, every penny counts and they all add up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm missing the xmas beerages :( Someone please make a vidjeo!!

Dooo it you guys! Think of the poor presentless childers!

Right so...

Donations

Impotentnohorn €100
    SDooM €100
    Fonpokno €70
    flavahaj 50
    vince135792003 20

Guys get the wallets out and dig deep. We are going to make utter eejits out of ourselves for this worthy cause

We'll see who has the squeaky high-pitched voice on Saturday, dude!! :p :pac:

We'll see who has the squeaky high-pitched voice on Saturday, dude!! :p :pac:

If more people don't start donating it's looking like nobody will dude!

I will be drinking all day saturday so chances are I'll be 'performing' either way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

will check tomorrow whats left on the credit card and sling it over to see this challenge happen:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

I will be drinking all day saturday so chances are I\ll be 'performing' either way

Oh no you don't, I'm not having the big dance number screwed up cos you're wasted!

How are we gonna pull off the double-reverse-cross-over lift and lunge if you're hammered?!

Oh no you don't, I'm not having the big dance number screwed up cos you're wasted!

How are we gonna pull off the double-reverse-cross-over lift and lunge if you're hammered?!

I can double reverse anything when I'm hammered.... just ask yore ma (sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I just donated 50 euro so you boys better do this on Saturday! And seeing as I can't make it out on Saturday night I would love to see pics!

Yaaaay for Nerin, Orestes and Onkle! :)

Impotentnohorn €100
    SDooM €100
    Fonpokno €70
    flavahaj 50
    vince135792003 20
    Alicat 50

Total 390

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Put me down for €60.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ahh hell ill do the other 50. thats the 500 mark ladies :D

Impotentnohorn €100
    SDooM €100
    Fonpokno €70
    flavahaj 50
    vince135792003 20
    Alicat 50

Koth 60
    Splinter 50

Total 500

:mad: I'll Impotentnohorn you one of these days!! :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

that doesnt really sound threatening? :pac:

splinter wrote: »
    that doesnt really sound threatening? :pac:
    /picks up cactus in one hand and tube of Deep Heat in the other

You want a better threat?! :p

That sounds far better than randylonghorning me!

Impotentnohorn €100
    SDooM €100
    Fonpokno €70
    flavahaj 50
    vince135792003 20
    Alicat 50

Koth 60
    Splinter 50
    Onkle's workmate(s) 160
    Futurecrook 30
    Nerin 100
    Total 790

Oh you're going to look so pretty. :D
    Alicat wrote: »
    I just donated 50 euro so you boys better do this on Saturday! And seeing as I can't make it out on Saturday night I would love to see pics!

Yaaaay for Nerin, Orestes and Onkle! :)

I shall be bringing my camera. And put me down for 30 euro.

My money and myself are close...
    Why isn't Sdoom singing?
    He forgot he met me, he deserves to suffer.

Ritual humilation should include costumes tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement