Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What area is the northside shopping centre

Options
  • 11-12-2008 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Can anyone here from that area tell me what area the northside shopping centres in. Everyone I know from Coolock tells me its not in Coolock but they can't tell me what the area really is. If its not Coolock what is it Santry? The Plex is definitely Coolock noone can dispute that and the Northsides in between Santry and the Plex so its either Coolock, Santy, or some area in between Coolock and Santry.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its Coolock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

BogWog wrote: »
    Can anyone here from that area tell me what area the northside shopping centres in. Everyone I know from Coolock tells me its not in Coolock but they can't tell me what the area really is. If its not Coolock what is it Santry? The Plex is definitely Coolock noone can dispute that and the Northsides in between Santry and the Plex so its either Coolock, Santy, or some area in between Coolock and Santry.

Coolock.Santry is really nowhere near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Clonshaugh :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

flanzer wrote: »
    Clonshaugh :p

No its more Kilmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

bonnybrook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The Howth East Quarter, I would have thought. :D

Seriously though, my uncle lives nearby and I'm sure he calls it Coolock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BogWog

I've seen signs around there saying Coolock, Bonnybrook and Clonslaugh. I've never even heard of Bonnybrook. Where does Santry end? I thought anything west of the swords road was Ballymun and everything east was Santry.

Yea **** it Im gonna keep calling it Coolock too until someone can tell me what area it is if its not Coolock.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 _RoSy_

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I've seen signs around there saying Coolock, Bonnybrook and Clonslaugh. I've never even heard of Bonnybrook. Where does Santry end? I thought anything west of the swords road was Ballymun and everything east was Santry.

Yea **** it Im gonna keep calling it Coolock too until someone can tell me what area it is if its not Coolock.

no, a lot of santry is west of swords road too. Santry hits beaumont to the south east, but is seperated from Coolock by a fair distance. This map gives you a rough idea.

Dublin-areas.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BogWog

Thanks. Someone should make a proper area map of Dublin that lists all the areas. Driving down the Malahide road into town according to the shop signs one minute your in Artane next minute your in Donnycarney, then your back in Artane again then once you get to the Clontarf road none of the shops can agree on whether its Fairview, Marino or Clontarf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Sure Total Fitness is in Malahide don't ya know!!

www.totalfitness.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

definitely coolock!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

It's official location is South Central Coolock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've seen signs around there saying Coolock, Bonnybrook and Clonslaugh. I've never even heard of Bonnybrook.

Bonnybrook is up around the Cadburys Factory. Not too far from UCI Coolock, other side of the road

Northside SC is Coolock, I agree with others here

www.totalfitness.ie

:eek:
    How do they expect to get away with that? Must think people are fools!

Not too far away from the Darndale Hilton ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

www.totalfitness.ie

ROFL!

Northside is in Coolock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Well technically its in Kilmore,but thats an area within Coolock,its Coolock without a doubt,Santry's a good 15 minute drive from there,Santry would end at Lorcan Drive and then your in Castletimon which is Coolock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This is the same old problem that comes up regularly here. The old parishes - Coolock, Raheny etc., and 'new' places like Clonshaugh, Bonnybrook, Edenmore.

Northside SC is in Coolock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

There's no official borders for the names of areas in Dublin. That's why Finglas east and ballymun have turned into Glasnevin. in 10 years there will be no Swords, and Malahide will be all of dublin north of the M50, and include Balbriggan!

Yeah its greedy estate agents,businesses and snobby people,changing addresses to make an area more 'respectable' like Cabra Park being in Phibsboro if that makes sense and parts of Cabra West being called Navan Road,which is just a road.remember old Finglas Road,now called Glasnevin Avenue,and Aryfield being Malahide Road and Clongriffin,not Coolock,residents in D4 actually tried to have Ringsend and Pearse Street turned into D4E,it was parodied in the Ross O'Carrol Kelly books,but it was based on truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm from the area.

It is definitely in Coolock. Definitely.

As are the UCI, Plex and Power City list that branch as Coolock too.

Coolock starts at St Brendan's Church, the old village and goes up to Lorcan, accross to the N32 at Clonshaugh, to include Darndale, Priorswood.

However, the estates in behind the UCI, I wouldn't class as Coolock, Ard Na Greine etc, they are in D13, which is not Coolock as far as I am aware.

Artane goes from St Brendan's Church, off over to that church called Artane Church, down areound the Goblet pub and up to the Rec, near Artane Castle, down the Kilmore Road to Northside, and that moon estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The receipt i got in Dunnes on Sunday said Coolock on it and that was a postal address.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Northside SC has always been in Coolock for me!

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    residents in D4 actually tried to have Ringsend and Pearse Street turned into D4E
    Pearse Street is in Dublin 2. Dublin 4 doesn't begin until one has crossed McMahon Bridge over the Grand Canal Basin at Boland's Mills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i can see what they say about it not being in coolock, but then most of the northside used to be coolock.

its in Electroal district and townland Kilmore C, so its Kilmore,coolock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

this map shows you the townlands when you zoom in http://maps.epa.ie/InternetMapViewer/MapViewer.aspx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I would agree, there are several definitions of Coolock though ranging from the village & the parish to the barony (which covers most of north Dublin).
    I remember reading a planning permission notice in the airport last year, the full address included 'Barony of Coolock' at the end.

More here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coolock

Very interesting.

Thanks for link SteveC

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Coolock, but for people from the area it's best to say Kilmore to be more specific.

Pearse Street is in Dublin 2. Dublin 4 doesn't begin until one has crossed McMahon Bridge over the Grand Canal Basin at Boland's Mills.

Upper Pearse St,Im nearly sure upper Pearse St is in D4,used to deliever post around that area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Coolock, but for people from the area it's best to say Kilmore to be more specific.

Not a chance.

Kilmore is the other side of the Oscar Traynor Road, where the flats are, off the Kilmore Road.

Northside could possibly be considered to be in Bunratty or Clonshaugh at a stretch.

• Advertisement

kilmore is on the other side of that green with that tunnel it. Northside sc is in coolock. As far as i know the address of that health center is coolock too.

Advertisement