Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bring me the horizon, job for a cowboy etc...

• 11-12-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭

Ive started to get into these band's recently,
    Ive been listning to metal since im 13 im now 19 nearly 20,
    and i have only started listning to these ''scene'' band's.

who i actualy think are fairly decent,
    I know these band's have a lot of hatred towards then,
    especialy bring me the horizon.

somtimes i dont think they realy deserve it.

Sure the posers, and have nice hair,
    but thats been all part of metal since the 80's.

anyone else share the same views?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I don't care if they're scene bands or not,but I gave bring me the horizon a proper a listen and I was just like "wtf is this :confused:"
    I just don't really "get" this screamo-ish stuff,but I'm not sure what it is that I don't like,the songs just seem really boring and forgetable to me.

Also,why are bring me the horizon supporting mindless self indulgence in january :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

I don't care if they're scene bands or not,but I gave bring me the horizon a proper a listen and I was just like "wtf is this :confused:"
    I just don't really "get" this screamo-ish stuff,but I'm not sure what it is that I don't like,the songs just seem really boring and forgetable to me.

Also,why are bring me the horizon supporting mindless self indulgence in january :confused:

I know it doesnt make sense!!
    it's weird, I never seen that line up coming,
    it's just another ****ty tour kerrang put together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Awful god awful genre you might get one in a dozen of half decent bands and they'd be a more a obscure interest then a general fondness for them. Its just horribly cliched (though you can argue most metal today is cliched completely) but its the same song structures, same themes and same really poor musicianship.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Awful god awful genre you might get one in a dozen of half decent bands and they'd be a more a obscure interest then a general fondness for them. Its just horribly cliched (though you can argue most metal today is cliched completely) but its the same song structures, same themes and same really poor musicianship.

I agree with you.

I just dont no what it is,
    i have grown very fond of bmth lately.
    I baught the new album 2 weeks ago,
    and it's listed to every time im driving haha.

have i betrayed my metal ''root's''? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

xseanx wrote: »
    I agree with you.

I just dont no what it is,
    i have grown very fond of bmth lately.
    I baught the new album 2 weeks ago,
    and it's listed to every time im driving haha.

have i betrayed my metal ''root's''? lol

Meh everyone goes through the same though and eventually you ll either grow up loving them or look back and say jesus what was i thinking listening to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

I don't really care about image. I just am not a fan of their music. I can understand why people would enjoy it, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Can't understand the draw to JFAC at all, complete thrash (not in the good sense), even worse live. I've not heard (or at least I can't remember hearing anything from) BMTH so can't say much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I know it doesnt make sense!!
    it's weird, I never seen that line up coming,
    it's just another ****ty tour kerrang put together

1. you're not allowed mention it.
    2. its just bands who would have been touring then.
    3. thy're both decent bands.

Fad wrote: »
    1. you're not allowed mention it.
    2. its just bands who would have been touring then.
    3. thy're both decent bands.

I dont get these number's and meanings,
    what are trying to say?
    i amnt saying anything bad about the bands i love bmth,
    but what are the doing playing with msi,
    just a bit weird i thaught.

Can't understand the draw to JFAC at all, complete thrash (not in the good sense), even worse live. I've not heard (or at least I can't remember hearing anything from) BMTH so can't say much.

Man, jfac are the sh!t.

• Advertisement

I dont get these number's and meanings,
    what are trying to say?
    i amnt saying anything bad about the bands i love bmth,
    but what are the doing playing with msi,
    just a bit weird i thaught.

The Kerrang Tour is an event run by a promoter that we are not allowed to discuss, sorry.

Both bands most likely were going on tour around January, generally when the Kerrang! tour is held, so Kerrang! put it together.

BMTH have toured with weirder bands, The Secret Handshake? The singer from that AWFUL band Gym Class Heroes sand the intro to Diamonds Aren'y Forever once onstage with them.

The Kerrang Tour is an event run by a promoter that we are not allowed to discuss, sorry.

Both bands most likely were going on tour around January, generally when the Kerrang! tour is held, so Kerrang! put it together.

BMTH have toured with weirder bands, The Secret Handshake? The singer from that AWFUL band Gym Class Heroes sand the intro to Diamonds Aren'y Forever once onstage with them.

haha realy?
    why cant we talk about thr promoter?
    is he a bad person :D
    are you going to see bmth?

haha realy?
    why cant we talk about thr promoter?
    is he a bad person :D
    are you going to see bmth?

Read the fúckin charter!

and..........yes

Read the fúckin charter!

and..........yes

jesus relax,

eh did u see them play with killswitch last time they were over?

jesus relax,

eh did u see them play with killswitch last time they were over?

I wont relax, I quite like when Boards isnt being sued!

and no I didnt (And you cant talk about that gig either!)

I'l talk about what i want,
    I dont have a godamn clue what your on about,

you wont explain anything.:eek:

I'l talk about what i want,
    I dont have a godamn clue what your on about,

you wont explain anything.:eek:

I told you to read the charter, which to be fair to you doesnt mention the MCD thing, but its near the top of every forum.

But in case you lack the cop on to actually read that, I'll briefly explain the MCD situation. A while back, after a certain festival, some posters on Boards made some comments that MCD didnt "agree" with and they sued Boards for libel. Now we're not alowed speak about them. END OFF.

Mod edit/remove this if you need to, its just explaining the situation to someone.

I told you to read the charter, which to be fair to you doesnt mention the MCD thing, but its near the top of every forum.

But in case you lack the cop on to actually read that, I'll briefly explain the MCD situation. A while back, after a certain festival, some posters on Boards made some comments that MCD didnt "agree" with and they sued Boards for libel. Now we're not alowed speak about them. END OFF.

Mod edit/remove this if you need to, its just explaining the situation to someone.

Thank's.

Advertisement