Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgrade tips on a M249

Options
  • 11-12-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭

ok i have a saw and im looking for some input on what you might of done or know what can be done to enhance the performance of it

thanx in advance for any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Guarder Hop Rubber.

G&P M120 Motor.

Mosfet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

Beast ASI wrote: »
    Guarder Hop Rubber.

G&P M120 Motor.

Mosfet.

cheers
    i got the hop done already is that moter dear? and whats mosfet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

sorry for pirating your thread moggser :o

What brand is it? And what does it fire at at the moment? I've an A&K and need to get a new cylinder, cylinder head, piston head and probably piston too (shoots about 240fps with a 100m/s spring which just isn't right), anyone know what ones will work in it?

What brand is it? And what does it fire at at the moment? I've an A&K and need to get a new cylinder, cylinder head, piston head and probably piston too (shoots about 240fps with a 100m/s spring which just isn't right), anyone know what ones will work in it?

your more then welcome just wipe your feet on your way in lol

its a&k like yours not sure what its firing at to be honest have a ms90 spring in it
    does yours need the cylinder head and piston head work done to it cause shes sick or is it something to do to enhance it?

moggser wrote: »
    does yours need the cylinder head and piston head work done to it cause shes sick or is it something to do to enhance it?

<wiping feet furiously :pac:>

When I got it it was firing at about 220fps (w/0.2bb), I replaced the original spring with a 100m/s spring and its firing at about 240fps now(w/0.2g bb) so I'm guessing its a major air seal problem. I've replaced the hop nub so it actually works and I've a new garder silicon bucking in it so it shouldn't be that. I haven't taken it apart yet to check just changed the spring - you gotta love the quick change spring thing :D

• Advertisement

"you gotta love the quick change spring thing" lol i know
    yeha i had the same very prob with the hop too and replaced it with the guarder one also and put ms 90 into it just got to chrono it now and see what its lampin the bb's out at

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

You have an air leak at the hop up bucking. I lost 100fps on my P90, when I switched to the guarder bucking, then got the 100fps back when I switched back to the TM original. To fix this, I put a small amount of teflon tape over the end of the bucking.

You have an air leak at the hop up bucking. I lost 100fps on my P90, when I switched to the guarder bucking, then got the 100fps back when I switched back to the TM original. To fix this, I put a small amount of teflon tape over the end of the bucking.

done that already and didn't see any improvement

what type battery u using Chuck

9.6 1500MAh firefox fully charged.

• Advertisement

9.6 1500MAh firefox fully charged.

mini or large

moggser wrote: »
    mini or large

mini, can a large fit it? But that shouldn't matter, or should it?

mini, can a large fit it? But that shouldn't matter, or should it?

i wouldn think so but i'd like to try it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I doubt the battery would affect the FPS, I could be wrong...

na i mean just the rate o fire it helps with well did with me rather then the lower copy i got with it

nope, its rate of fire (voltage), number of shots (MAh) and ability to push a big spring (not relevant in Ireland). Its a H U G E air leak!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

sounds like a dodgey piston ring.

Moggser,
    get this motor,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/G-P-M120-HIGH-SPEED-AK-Airsoft-AEG-SHORT-CS-Motor-FS8_W0QQitemZ270303631039QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31681QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Then one of them pistons i was showing ya last week in the shop with the half metal teeth.

theres few other things you can do like a tight bore barrel etc too.,

Advertisement