Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The World Famous Bushman

• 11-12-2008 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

Just stumbled across this on Wikipedia and found it amusing. Look at the picture of him hiding :pac:
    David Johnson, also known as the World Famous Bushman, is a busker who has been entertaining passers-by along Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco since 1980. His current act began after he tried dressing as a robot but found there were too many others doing the same thing. Johnson hides motionless behind some eucalyptus branches and waits for unsuspecting people to wander by. When they approach, he jumps out and startles them. Crowds gather to watch him work, often including those he has previously scared...

.......In a "good year", Johnson claims to earn $60,000. He employs a bodyguard to protect him against attacks by the unamused, to distract his targets, and to alert him to the approach of elderly people so he can avoid scaring them.

I really like the idea of an army of homeless men dressed up as robots walking around the place, it shows effort.

Does anyone know of any humorous gentlemen of the road like this in Ireland? I like the amount of money he is [claims to be] making.

If you walk down Grafton Street you just see the usual boring people painted in silver or gold, trying to stand still. I think there's a niche in the market for people willing to make an extra effort. What with the recession and all, a few of us might have to invest in some eucalyptus branches.

Here's a video of him at work:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I know an old guy who hides in bushes who also jumps out at unsuspecting people...he doesnt do it for money though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

I know an old guy who hides in bushes who also jumps out at unsuspecting people...he doesnt do it for money though.

snyper???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Got caught by him in the summer as well.

Dissapointed myself. Thought I was cool under pressure but it turns out I'm not. Adopting an 80's kung-fu style stance when frightened is not cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement