Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONFUSED!!??

Options
  • 11-12-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Am i the only one whos totally confused over the CAO.

It seems like im the only one who doesnt know what they want to do after the LC..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

sr. kila wrote: »
    Am i the only one whos totally confused over the CAO.

It seems like im the only one who doesnt know what they want to do after the LC..

LOL! Yeah right. You're certainly not the only one who doesn't know what to do after the LC. You should go to college open days go to www.qualifax.ie search for courses. Have a good think about it during the Christmas holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

creggy wrote: »
    LOL! Yeah right. You're certainly not the only one who doesn't know what to do after the LC. You should go to college open days go to www.qualifax.ie search for courses. Have a good think about it during the Christmas holidays.
    real funny thay you should say that.
    i have tried it all and more.
    i went to all the open days
    spoke to my guidence teacher
    i practically live in qualifax
    and i still dont know............lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Ok,

After youve Thought about what YOU want to do, you find a course thats related to the subject/future career you want to study/work with.

This course is then placed as 1st choice on the CAO. Aim to get the points for it and make sure your 2nd and 3rd choice is something relevent to what you want to do so that you have something to fall back on.

So you dont know what you want to do?
    Find your hobbies and see if you can study something related to them so that you will enjoy what you are studying at the same time.
    Example, someone who enjoys gaming might go into computer games development in Carlow or wherever has a similar course.
    Someone who might like baking might do Baking & Pastry Arts Management in DIT.

Its easy peasy, just have a think about it! There has to be something out there you have an interest in.

Advertisement