Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tongue piercing!

Options
  • 11-12-2008 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

:confused:Can anyone please tell me the legal age for tongue piercings!!!im 16,17 in january and i want my tongue pierced soooo badly i have looked up places that are good,clean and comfortable to pierce it!and i no how to look after it!i am very mature for my age and my parents feel that i wont look after it but to be honest i dont think they realise HOW mature i am!!!and they also have an idea in there head that it looks discusting but i am DEAD SET on getting it done and they wont set aside time for us to talk about it!and i want to have it done pretty soon because ive wanted this done for 2 years!i also know that alot on pain and swelling is involved and i am willing to put up with that as i had to with my belly button!(evan though the tongue would be MUCH more sore!!!

please help me so that i can prove to them that i am legal to have it pierced but i would not get it done without there consent as i dont feel it to be respectful of there wishes!(god i sound so posh:D)

:cool:tanx:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Muireann, I don't think this is the correct forum for this question.

Try over in body modification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 muireann =]

oh ...thanks:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

but body piercing is not regulated in ireland but any good piercer would not tocuh you until you are 18 and they should ask for ID.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

TBH I don't blame them and I am not against piercings but the tongue is one of those that can go badly wrong for you so if you want it that bad another year of waiting won't hurt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Think very carefully about this one - I got it done when I was in college, and chipped my tooth on the blasted thing before i got a chance to go back in for the shortened bar. I took it out, still have a chipped tooth and a big dent in my tongue to remind me of my folly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

I believe you have to be 18 before getting piercings without parental consent.... I dont know if its regulated very well or if anyone will ask for ID. What do your parents think of it? Tongue piercings can go very wrong if not done properly or looked after properly because of all the soft tissue.
    http://www.drdaveanddee.com/tonguepiercing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bang123

Hi guys I just came across this on google! I am in the EXACT same boat at the moment as you were muireann :L I was jut wondering what you ended up doing and how you got on? Any tips? Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Try the Tattoo's & Piercings forum, this thread is over five years old.

To answer your question quickly though, there is no legal age for tattoo's and piercings in Ireland at the moment, but any reputable piercer will not pierce someone unless they are over 18 or over 16 with parental consent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement