Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting a private forum

Options
  • 11-12-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I just know that someone will just see the title and report this to move it to the Forums Forum, but this isn't the actual request, so I think it belongs in here or help desk.

I was wondering if the admins have ever set down criteria regarding what private fora that they would or would not create?

I assume the criteria are different from those for a public forum.
    Post edited by Shield on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

There's a difference between hosted forums (for you and your mates) and genuine private forums, which are you asking about?

btw, see the 'saying "fora" is ghey' thread as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It's a genuine private forum.

EDIT: And, fora ftw.

You forums people can stick your forums up your ani.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

to whom do you request a private forum?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I assume the criteria are different from those for a public forum.

It all depends. You are still expected to act like an adult. The banter can be looser than a public forum.
    To answer your question, 'Cop On' is the criteria expected.

Overheal, private forums are requested on the Forums Forum, or by dropping a PM to Vexorg.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Its the Extreme Spell Checks/checs/checks/cheques/nazis forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

He wants a Guantanamo Bay private forum where he drag innocent posters in from other forums and do what he likes to them where nobody can see what's going on. He's already in dicussion with the mods of the Limerick forum to allow rendition through their forum. Fact. ;)

I was more thinking a forum for Pirates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=393

Thats not what I had in mind.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We dont have a set down list of criteria but we wouldnt create a private forum to discuss something illegal. Bullying wouldnt be allowed either. I guess a forum to over throw Boards.ie wouldnt be created :) Use your commonsense... Other then that, no specific rules that I'm aware of.

This will be one of the tasks the new Community Manager will be charged with...

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    We dont have a set down list of criteria but we wouldnt create a private forum to discuss something illegal.

Arrr :(
    This will be one of the tasks the new Community Manager will be charged with...

You keep saying things like that and it keeps sounding appealing. Locating to Dublin does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The forum I was thinking of was to be a Devil's Advocate forum - a forum where people debate issues, but they debate for the opposite side.

For instance, if they are pro-abortion, they have to debate as pro-life, or if pro-divorce, debate as anti-divorce.

The idea being to be forced to examine other points of view, and see things from a different perspective.

It would have to be based on good faith of course, but I thought it was a really good idea.

I even thought of trying to set up a seperate board from boards.ie with a few friends, so that I could have greater control and make it work the way I wanted it to (And I thought you would all think that it was silly:o). But that turned out to be alot more expensive and time consuming then I thought, so I kinda left the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Overheal wrote: »

Is that Undead Ninja Pirates or just the regular variety?

Macros42 wrote: »
    Is that Undead Ninja Pirates or just the regular variety?
    The kind that fight global warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The forum I was thinking of was to be a Devil's Advocate forum - a forum where people debate issues, but they debate for the opposite side.

For instance, if they are pro-abortion, they have to debate as pro-life, or if pro-divorce, debate as anti-divorce.

The idea being to be forced to examine other points of view, and see things from a different perspective.

It would have to be based on good faith of course, but I thought it was a really good idea.

I even thought of trying to set up a seperate board from boards.ie with a few friends, so that I could have greater control and make it work the way I wanted it to (And I thought you would all think that it was silly:o). But that turned out to be alot more expensive and time consuming then I thought, so I kinda left the idea.

Don't you mean "pro-choice"? pro-abortion sounds kinda barbaric no?

[/pedant]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

lol

Advertisement