Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CP 32/3 alarm condition

• 11-12-2008 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, I have an Aritect CP 32/3 house alarm. It has been working fine for a number of years. Recently, even with the alarm not set, it goes off, and the condition code on the display shows 't'. This isn't shown in the Alarm manual. Does anyone know what the reason is, and what can be done to fix it.

Can anyone tell me who maintains Aritech in Ireland. Thanks Again. F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 simonatkins

Hi this happened to me in exactly the same way. You need a new battery which costs about £12. However this is very easy to do and you can do it yourself in about 5 minutes. See here for instructions:

http://www.**********.com/forums/vb/archive/index.php/t-14.html

and here for batteries:

http://www.alarmworld.co.uk/intruder/batteries/yucel-2-8amp-12volt-alarm-panel-battery/prod_26.html

Or you can pay £60 per hour plus £30 for the battery from Moore Secure.
    rgds

So for some reason my link was filtered to **** so here are the instructions in full (copied from that site):

The Aritech CP32 has a back up battery located within the main control panel. The battery you require is a 12 volt rechargable, 2.8 amp.

To replace the battery disconnect the mains supply & open the control panel. The battery will be clearly visible with red & black cables attached to the respective terminals. Disconnect the old battery (the outside siren may ring this is normal) & connect the new battery observing the red & black connections. Reconnect the mains supply & disarm the alarm system using the factory code 01122.

Close up the control panel. You will now need to reprogramme you user code. Procede as follows:

enter 01122 when buzzer sounds enter *# new code *

This entry will be confirmed with a "o" on the display.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

"t" Refters to a tamper conditions and has nothing to do with the battery.
    It is either the panel lid is loose (which would explain how replacing the battery & closing the panel again sorted the problem;) )
    If its not the panel then it is one of the circuts wired into the aux tamper input. If you are happy to bypass this simply short out those 2 terminals.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Moved from DIY

So I bought a battery at the advised spec of 12v 2.8ah, but didn't check the dimensions, and lo and behold it doesn't fit the alarm housing (width should only be about 40mm wide).

Further searching hasn't revealed any batteries at this spec but within 40mm depth.

Where do you get these batteries from?
    thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Don't know what you have bought but most batteries would fit that panel. I have often come across them with 7 amp batteries. Why not just bring the old battery with you to a suppliers?
    Where are you located?
    If your around dublin I can get one to you.

I got a Yucel but it's width is 66mm. Yes why not use the original one as a template? ok so bit more of a story here, when I opened up the panel I found a 12v 1.2ah battery, it looks like from the job sheet (also found inside the panel strangely) that they replaced the original with this smaller one and I doubt it was a new one, probably one the technician had lying about his car. so hence the new one. I'm located south of manchester so could be tricky. thanks anyway but I'll keep searching.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

when I opened up the panel I found a 12v 1.2ah battery
    1.2 is very small indeed. From memory I think this should be a 7 amp hour battery. This is quite a standard size. Expect to pay €10-15

7 amp would not be necessary for that panel. The only powered devices would be 1 PiR & 1 Keypad 2.8-3.2 would be fine.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

7 amp would not be necessary for that panel
    Thanks.
    The only powered devices would be 1 PiR & 1 Keypad
    SAB too? It takes a little more than the PIR.

A 1.2ah battery does not sound correct though does it??

Can anyone tell me who maintains Aritech in Ireland.
    All alarm companies would do this.

• Advertisement

SABB & Internal go without saying..
    Anyway its a very basic system with very little power consumption.
    Anyway the calculation to see which battery is required is.
    (PCSx11)+(PSA)+(SAx11)
    PCS= Power Consumption in Standby
    PCA= Power Consumption in Full Alarm mode (Both bell & Strobe active)
    SA= Strobe & internal active
    The answer tells you the currant consumption for 12 hours allowing for 4 activations at 15 minutes (The max allowed) & a further 11 hours of internal & strobe active.
    The answer should be less than the rating of the battery

Koolkid, thanks for the info, you obviously know your stuff, if I could just pick your brains again... I assume there must be an additional battery inside the outdoor siren unit as this went off when I had both disconnected the mains power and the internal housing battery. Would you know what type of battery would be needed there? the same maybe? Saves me getting a ladder out :)

Well said Koolkid.
    I assume there must be an additional battery inside the outdoor siren unit
    There is. This is chraged from the main panel.
    this went off when I had both disconnected the mains power and the internal housing battery
    That would be normal. It would then have lost communication with the panel so it goes into alarm.

The chances are when you get a new battery and connect up the exterior bellbox (SAB) to the alarm you will find that everything is OK. Generally the battery in the SAB lasts longer than the one in the panel.
    Would you know what type of battery would be needed there? the same maybe?
    A much smaller one! I dont think you will need it

2011 is spot on with everthing said there.
    There is no replaceable battery as such in the External bell.
    Its a capacitor that recharges as needed. Generally there is never a need to replace this.

Thanks I'm really glad to hear that, saves me pissing about up a 3 section ladder with a screwdriver!

Trying to keep you safe..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ceatharloch

Can I ask - how _do_ you disconnect the mains from the main alarm box?
    We have a dead battery too - but I don't eant to risk electrocuting myself
    fiddling with it. Alarm guy wants 120 euro call out. Our main fuses for the
    whole house ("trip switches") are in a different (utility) room: will one of
    these disconnect the mains from the alarm box?

Thanks,
    Michael

€120 is about right if that covers the battery & a service as well.
    You can turn off the mains supply from your fuse board.
    Always confirm , using a multi meter, that no mains voltage is present before proceding.
    If you are that unsure of yourself around mains voltages I would recommend getting a professional to do the work for you. Whats €120 compared to electrocuting yourself? ;):rolleyes:

Advertisement