Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Open Day

Options
  • 06-12-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭

fonpokno wrote: »

Anyone going to trinity on wednesday?

Of course!

Dont get an official day off for it, which is a pain, but then again that means missing double RE so kinda a god thing :D

Kinda wanna go to alot of the talks, so i dunno how im gonna see everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

fonpokno wrote: »

Anyone going to trinity on wednesday?

Yes indeed!
    Anything to get out of a Wednesday at school...

Is there a summary/timetable of what's going on does anyone know? For talks and what not...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Heading to Trinity - esp. to do the music mock entrance exam....just read about it on the open day timetable thing, anyone have any extra info as to what is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Ugh, stupid TCD talks timetable! The Law talk is on at like 11/11:30, and then Law & Business isn't until 2ish. That's a whole lot of hanging around... :( Suppose we'll get lunch or something...

Having said that, I couldn't find any of the Arts talks (because it is getting late and so I am now half-blind) and I was like, why is it all sciences?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Time will fly. Go to Insomnia on Nassua street and get their hot chocolate. Om nom nom nom. So good.
    Actually, don't, I'll need that hot chocolate (yes they make 1 a day of course) when I fall out of my exam on wednesday.

Time will fly. Go to Insomnia on Nassua street and get their hot chocolate. Om nom nom nom. So good.
    Actually, don't, I'll need that hot chocolate (yes they make 1 a day of course) when I fall out of my exam on wednesday.

Nooo, Lemon on Dawson Street! Crepes for lunch?! Oh yes! Also do nice hot chocolate!

If I do end up in Trinity, I will actually die from crepe related injuries :o

• Advertisement

I'd eat in Lemon all the time if I wasn't a penniless student. Insomnia is as far as I can indulge.
    (But yes their crepes are amazing. And waffles. Not to forget them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'd eat in Lemon all the time if I wasn't a penniless student. Insomnia is as far as I can indulge.
    (But yes their crepes are amazing. And waffles. Not to forget them.)

I had my first crepe ever in there a few weeks ago, nothing short of amazing :)

Fad wrote: »
    I had my first crepe ever in there a few weeks ago, nothing short of amazing :)

Ah, you'll be addicted in no time.. then you'll move onto the waffles, and then you will be a lost cause, much like myself...

Soo excited for Wednesday now! I'm so having crepes for breakfast! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh wow, I'm totally gonna beg my friends to go there on wednesday morning for breakfast. Not that they'll need much persuading!

... I have never tried a crepe.
    Is there something wrong with me?

Will Trinners' Open Day be worth getting up in time for the 7.30 train? Oh God, I hope so..

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    ... I have never tried a crepe.
    Is there something wrong with me?

Will Trinners' Open Day be worth getting up in time for the 7.30 train? Oh God, I hope so..

Never tried a Lemon crepe, or just a crepe?! What happens on Pancake Tuesday then?!

7:30?! Where are you coming from? Oooh I can just about drag my still asleep ass to the train for 9:00... Couldn't be dealing with such early hours...

So who all is going tomorrow?

Moi, the school wont let us go until after 10, but I want to go to a lecture at half 9 so screw them.

Piste wrote: »
    Moi, the school wont let us go until after 10, but I want to go to a lecture at half 9 so screw them.

I'm assuming you're talking about the med lecture, bcause my friend wanted to go to it. AFAIK it's repeated later on sometime...

Having said that, it's kind of stupid they won't let you go early. We don't even have to go into school. Our CG teacher just said "Ehh, meet me around the front gate around 11. You don't have to wear uniform. Get this signed." Actually the soundest, most away with the fairies teacher you will meet! :D

Suits me fine, law talk is at half 11 (what's with the crappy repeatedness this year? They had them all about 4 times last year :()

Yeah I want to go to the med lecture but I don't think I can make the 12 one.

The genetics one looks really cool too, "attack of the killer mutant virus"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Fad wrote: »
    So who all is going tomorrow?

I'll be there along with most of my year (there's 150 of us). Will be there for 10:00 for the Science talk and will probably go to a few more Sciencey stuff afterwards. Then I'm sure there'll be loads of adventurous stuff to get up to in town ;)

And damn this thread is making me hungry.

Yeah I want to go to the med lecture but I don't think I can make the 12 one.

The genetics one looks really cool too, "attack of the killer mutant virus"

Attack of the killer mutant virus?! Sounds mildly frightening to me - the type of thing that would make you not eat something ever again...

We just get a note from the parents and tell the school to feck off :)

"Pharmacy: “Marvellous medicines from aphrodisiacs to zinc"

I need to go :pac:

I'll be there! ... At 9am looking depressed for a Linear Algebra exam. And then at 11 gorging myself on Insomnia. Nom nom nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KnockHoops

we have forced our school into giving us two unofficial days off so we could go to ucd and tcd as we said we werent turning up to class and they came back to us saying after consultation process blah blah more bull and said we werent pushed into this decision:D

• Advertisement

I'll be there! ... At 9am looking depressed for a Linear Algebra exam. And then at 11 gorging myself on Insomnia. Nom nom nom.

Another chance to scare a mod :D

(If I do happen to see you, let alone recognise you, rest assured I Probably wont bother you :pac:

Yep, coming from the lovely, far away land of Waterford.

I've gotten used to getting up early.. I get a 7.30 bus every morning to get into school on time.
    *shudders*

Just back from the open day now, I have to say I was pretty disappointed. All the health sciences talks were in a lecture theatre right beside all the science talks so that park of the Hamilton was really packed. I didn't get into either Medicine talk despite being 20 minutes early for both, and when they said they were adding on an extra one at 3 I was pretty disappointed cos I have piano at 4.15.

So yeah, pretty badly run and disorganised day, UCD's was way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Yeah the talks were rammed really closely together. Shame you didn't get into the medicine lecture.

I was only in for the dentistry talks and stuff, the dentist wasn't there for the 10 o clock one at all but the 12.30 one was good. The Hamilton building was just mad though. It's like that every year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭littlneutralone

So yeah, pretty badly run and disorganised day, UCD's was way better.
    Warning...that's fitting. Disorganisation is the epitome of medicine in Trinity. (I believe that was the opening line of the talk)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Back now. The science talks were alright. Was going to go to the Maths one but just skipped that because of the terrible schedule and delays and went for some Burger King and then went home instead. Got some free stuff too. There wasn't a lot. Me and my friend went to every building to all the stands and there was only like 1 free pen per building. Wanted to get the Midwifery/Nursing key light thing too but I didn't want to be pestered about becoming a midwife.

Also really wanted to swipe those cool squishy things at the microbiology stand. They lit up and just looked so cool!

Fringe wrote: »
    Me and my friend went to every building to all the stands and there was only like 1 free pen per building. Wanted to get the Midwifery/Nursing key light thing too but I didn't want to be pestered about becoming a midwife.

I got a mug from them, no pestering on why I should become a Midwife I just asked for one :D

It wasnt amazingly well organised, and there probably should have been a 5 minute gap between each lecture, as it takes nearly that long to get from say the arts block and into a lecture hall in the Hamilton.

Thought it wasnt too bad though, wanna do science there now, Med tlk wasnt up to much tbh, so that has kinda put me off.

When it comes to real lectures, they give you 10/15 minutes to get from place to place. I guess they just assumed not too many people would be interested in stuff in both the Arts block and the Science end (which is silly, of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

That was a terribly organised open day.
    Couldn't get into the law,medicine or dentistry.A whole load of dossers there.
    I found the atmosphere in the place to be very up their own holes,for want of a better word.Didn't like it at all at all.Trinity has been scratched out of my cao anyway.
    Could anyone tell me what the opening day in ucd was like.Missed it

• Advertisement

GA361 wrote: »
    That was a terribly organised open day.
    Couldn't get into the law,medicine or dentistry.A whole load of dossers there.

There were dossers in Radio Therapy, but then she gave out to them :D

But in fairness I got into every talk I wanted to get into :S

The amount of people giving out about South Dublin Accents was unreal, and there was me thinking to myself "Then WHY ARE YOU AT THE OPEN DAY OF A UNIVERSITY ON THE SOUTHSIDE!" Hiss

Advertisement