Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cold callers & scammers phone numbers

Options
  • 11-12-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

As I like my cars and change often i generally have a car for sale on one of the many car websites out there at any one time. This also means i'm subjected to constant cold calling from some of the main magazines and those bloody cypriot scammers etc. Anyway, most of the time I recognize the number and ignore it but still keep getting caught out - like this evening when in the middle of a nice romantic meal, excused myself to take a call for my car ad, and who is it only Autotrader on a different number. Man, I'm well p**sed with these people.

It mightn't help, but I'm putting up these numbers on my website so at least theres a list somewhere so i & others might quickly recognise a number and ignore it. Mightn't be a perfect solution (i ignore the blocked numbers anyway) but sure its worth a try. Maybe having list of them here isn't a bad idea either.

Anyway, heres the list so far and if people can reply/pm whatever with any numbers they have got scam calls from over the last while i'll put them up too!

Heres the two I had today alone to start -
    Autotrader Ireland : +353 1 4490600
    Scammer (Cyprus) : +357 25878716

rant over!!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Switcharoo

You only have 2 numbers.... nice plug for your website though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

only the two I've got today but I intend building. Ok, better idea.. I'll remove my website from the post, and put them up here and I'll duplicate them onto my site. :cool:

Advertisement