Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1080p Upscaling Receiver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have one, and I bypass it for most sources because the TV (1080p) does a better (and faster) job of scaling the image.

What I do make use of is the up-converter which transcodes a (for example) SVideo signal from the NTL box and Component video from the DVD player to HDMI so I can run a single cable to the TV and run the audio through the surround system if I so choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭shredmaster777

I too read that Scart RGB will actually offer better picture quality from digital TV like the NTL's than any upscaling done by an AV receiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

I too read that Scart RGB will actually offer better picture quality from digital TV like the NTL's than any upscaling done by an AV receiver.

yup. scart RGB to the tv for ntl looks best, because to put it through the amp you have to use composite and thats why it doesn't look too good being upscaled by the amp. i run all my HDMI sources thru my amp though.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ctx

My DirecTV Digital (non HD) Satellite Rceiver only offers S-Video out ..

With my first HD TV (bought a Sony 52" XBR6) that allows 1080P .. was wondering if one could improve there picture quality without changing to a HD Satellite rceiever ..

Sorta upscale to 1080P my DirecTV receiver to new Sony TV?

Any idea's .. or don't waste money?

Thanks

CTX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

dont waste your money. get the hd receiver instead.

upscaled non-hd to a 52" tv wont look great.

im not too familiar with the direcTV gear (and not many people here will be), you'd probably get a better response from an american forum like AVS http://www.avsforum.com/

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement