Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I buy the girlfriend for christmas?

Options
  • 11-12-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

What should I buy the girlfriend for christmas? Any ideas? We are olny going out about 2 months, she is 17. Her interests are ballet, prison break, most haunted, lee evans and other comedians..

I was thinking of tickets to one of lee evans' gigs but he has nothing on in ireland any time soon. Anyone have any idea? How much should I be spending seen as we are only together 2 months?

How about perfume and a rose? Necklace? Something like that? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mariemar***

Perfume is quite personal so I'd say rule that out - Can't really go wrong with a simple necklace though - take notice of what she wears & pick something similar & you should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

If your loaded, the whole prison break series- all of them,
    but often jewellery is best, pay attention to everything she wears and listen for hints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rmhot

i'm wonderin the same thing, new gf (~20), bout 1 month or so.
    she's not really into the typical things, perfume, jewellery etc...
    anyone have any other intersting ideas? (all help appreciated :o)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pop Corn maker?
    Toaster that toasts smiley faces or cartoon characters on to toast,
    Lava lamp,
    Plasma ball (maplin have them for 16.50 on special)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Claire1980

voucher for a beauty salon - works ever time - I love getting them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I agree with Kat but be careful about what colour !! Some girls will only wear silver or some only wear gold, so look at what she wears now and get a good idea. Does she wear any?

To be honest, if you are only going out 2 months she'll be more impressed with you putting more thought into it than more money. You could go with the Jewellery gift but maybe also do up a silly voucher thing that entitles her to a fun day out or something along those lines.

Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

rmhot wrote: »
    i'm wonderin the same thing, new gf (~20), bout 1 month or so.
    she's not really into the typical things, perfume, jewellery etc...
    anyone have any other intersting ideas? (all help appreciated :o)

Any ideas what she is into? Marks and Spencers' Per Una range have some really nice sleep wear ideas. Fluffy slippers, robes etc. There is 30% off most of that too at the moment.

Advertisement