Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band tattoo's!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

My bro had Phil Anselmo sign his arm and he went off and got it tattood.

I would agree though that they remind you of good times, Who does good intricate tattoos in Dublin, something like the AIC sun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 myst

celestial ring on abby street or ink well in smithfield bro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Kersh wrote: »
    My bro had Phil Anselmo sign his arm and he went off and got it tattood.

I would agree though that they remind you of good times, Who does good intricate tattoos in Dublin, something like the AIC sun?

i got my AIC sun one done in Temple Bar, Italian guys, can't remember the name, but if you head to the tattoo forum, you'll get it. "Living Art" i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

I got Vile Valo from Him's stomach Tattoo done a few years ago.......
    I probably wont always like the band but I got it because I like the artwork and to me it's not any different to picking out some design in a parlour

dsc005710.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

I got a KoRn Tattoo done about five years ago. I was going to have it on my arm but so glad i didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I probably wont always like the band but I got it because I like the artwork and to me it's not any different to picking out some design in a parlour

dsc005710.jpg

The good thing about that it, that it's quite well done, if it was ****e, it'd be easy to regret.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I have the words "Given to Fly" on my shoulder in the handwriting from the Yield album cover by Pearl Jam. Not obvious to the non-fan, and subtle enough that if it all goes tits up with the band, it's still relevant to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I like band tattoos, logos and art work etc... Not band names, think they can look really crap tbh.

My bf is working on a half sleeve of Testament artwork atm, has Practice what you Preach, The Legacy and Chuck Billy's signature so far. Looks really good.

Planning on getting the Detente logo after Christmas myself.

Think if you like a band enough (even if you will grow out of them) it's a nice idea because it shows what you were going through that time. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

dsc005710.jpg

That's savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

I got this one done last year. It's Eddie from the Iron Maiden album cover 'A Matter Of Life and Death'.

It's not to everyone's taste, but I absolutely love it. I've loved Iron Maiden since I was a kid and I can't see that ever changing.

2706160950a8265418557l.jpg

2706160950a8785670653l.jpg

I'll be getting the ManOwaR sign of the hammer very soon too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Cathy666 wrote: »

Excellent :D

Excellent :D

You're the first person to approve, lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting "The Devil and God are raging inside me" in script somewhere. It's the name of a Brand New album. I mean, it's also a pretty cool line and i do ****ing love the album, so i miiight.

Amazing album! I love Brand New. Very under-rated.

You're the first person to approve, lol :D

Ah well, f*ck everyone else then, how can you go wrong? It's just a cool symbol. :D

Ah well, f*ck everyone else then, how can you go wrong? It's just a cool symbol. :D

Exactly! Cheers mate :D

Are you heading to MCF this year?

Exactly! Cheers mate :D

Are you heading to MCF this year?

No worries :)

MCF? Magic Circle? So far I don't have too many plans for festivals this year but you'd never know. I've always wanted to see manowar though, maybe it finally will be this year :o

Edit: By the way, I had to listen to sign of the hammer after your post earlier haha

No worries :)

MCF? Magic Circle? So far I don't have too many plans for festivals this year but you'd never know. I've always wanted to see manowar though, maybe it finally will be this year :o

Edit: By the way, I had to listen to sign of the hammer after your post earlier haha

Yeah Magic Circle. This will be my first time to see them too. I was meant to go last year but couldn't make it (work commitments). You should definitely go though, it'll be savage! :D

Me too, lol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

I realized that it was probably a bad idea to get a band tattoo as my music taste will probably be a bit different when I'm in my 60s. Instead, I got a tattoo of a treble clef to symbolize music in general.

I know a girl who has the Avenged Sevenfold tattoo on the small of her back. She is definitely going to regret that! There's also a guy I know who was in a Slipknot tribute band and got the band's name tattooed on his chest. Why? Just why?! :confused:

Oh God... There's no words to describe how much having an AS tat is gonna suck in ten years time for her....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

In fairness,it really should suck now.:p

Yeah Magic Circle. This will be my first time to see them too. I was meant to go last year but couldn't make it (work commitments). You should definitely go though, it'll be savage! :D

Me too, lol. :D

I definitely wouldn't mind going, is there any sort of early line up do you know?

I was just looking into it and found that last year manowar played their first six albums in their entirety, how good is that? :eek:

• Advertisement

I definitely wouldn't mind going, is there any sort of early line up do you know?

I was just looking into it and found that last year manowar played their first six albums in their entirety, how good is that? :eek:

Rumour has it that Motorhead will be playing with them!! I'd say Holyhell will be there again too. They'll leave it until a few months beforehand to confirm everything again this year:rolleyes:

I know yeah, I have the DVD at home - unreal! :D:D:D

Rumour has it that Motorhead will be playing with them!! I'd say Holyhell will be there again too. They'll leave it until a few months beforehand to confirm everything again this year:rolleyes:

I know yeah, I have the DVD at home - unreal! :D:D:D

Motorhead and manowar, wouldn't mind that I have to say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

nedtheshed wrote: »
    In fairness,it really should suck now.:p

This is true... didnt like to say it myself!

Motorhead and manowar, wouldn't mind that I have to say :pac:

Hell yeah! You have PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Don't have any tattoos but contemplated a few times getting the Queensryche logo - they've been my favourite band for years now & go to see them on every tour. My friend got it done last year after the London gig.

I saw the back print one at Wacken a few years ago (maybe not this exact one, but the same tattoo). Wouldn't go that far, but thought it was amazing.

Not mad on the Queensryche logo but the Mindcrime logo is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I got this one done last year. It's Eddie from the Iron Maiden album cover 'A Matter Of Life and Death'.

It's not to everyone's taste, but I absolutely love it. I've loved Iron Maiden since I was a kid and I can't see that ever changing.

2706160950a8265418557l.jpg

2706160950a8785670653l.jpg

That is class!! How much would something like that cost??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My mate has a big cross on his forearm, with the name 'Tupac' on the top :o

He got some abuse over that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i think the 4 m's metallica logo would be class (the one in the middle of this pic)

metallica-logos.preview.jpg

• Advertisement

Faith+1 wrote: »
    That is class!! How much would something like that cost??

Cheers mate.
    That one cost me €150.

I have 10 tattoos in total. 3 of which are Iron Maiden ones. A lot of people think I'm mad, but I love them, and have done so since I was a kid. I was brought up listening to them. :)

http://file047b.bebo.com/4/large/2009/05/13/10/2706160950a10810878451l.jpg

http://file046b.bebo.com/16/large/2009/03/31/21/2706160950a10484218915l.jpg

Apologies for the brutal photos. I'll have to get somebody to take photos of them for me. It's a nightmare trying to take a picture of your back, lol.

Advertisement