Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infinite loop - Excel VBA

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have an infinite loop which happens in Excel. The only thing it does is displays a Msgbox containing text and an incremented number. How do I stop it?

I have tried "ESC" but it is the same as me pressing "ok" and a another msgbox just appears. Is there anyway to access the Visual Basic editor to stop it?

The computer is not calculating anything so I think there is not enough time for the "ESC" to register to stop the iteration.

Any Help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

How about ctrl + Break (the pause/break button) - think that should work

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

you should be able to set the security level to high in excel so it won't run when you open it, or hold down shift when you open it. then go to tools > macro > vb editor to find the offending code..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It'll stop as soon as the integer overflows. Keep clicking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sean_K wrote: »
    It'll stop as soon as the integer overflows. Keep clicking!
    Thats why I write my infinite loops with bound checks and resets :)

Advertisement