Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damaged sim connector pins..any hope??

• 11-12-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

feel free to mock as I've been an idiot. Bought a phone off ebay, all grand. Put my vodafone simcard in the wrong way without realising and of course force it thinking its just stiff. When i eventually cop on it looks like i've bent the connectors and then when i try to bend them back one falls out. Phone says "insert sim" with the simcard in. (phone is unlocked).

Is there any hope or should i just bin it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Phone make/model ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

It's a Sony Ericcson W380i

Sorry this is not better quality but you can see at the bottom where it is missing a gold prong
    3101589307_6850db1a48.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

This is the easiest thing to do in the world with this phone. The sim holder is an incredibly stupid design. I actually wrecked one in exactly the same way when I got it first and when I brought it back to the shop complaining that it didn't work the salesman then put the sim in the wrong way too!! Alas the bad news is that I am not sure how to fix it and even when you you this phone has a poor reputation for picking up a signal and for battery life, the signal problem is so bad for me that I am going to get some other model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

OP: I'd try bring it to the MPRC and leave it with them, I'm sure they are aware of the issue with this handset. Worth a go anyway :)

www.mprc.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I'll give them a shout and see what they say. Thanks a mill for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement