Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect to WPA wireless network

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a problem getting my Laptop to connect to my wireless router using WPA. I can connect fine using WEP and currently have the router setup for this (Eircom Netopia).

I think the problem is that when I try to create a new Wireless connection I'm not presented with any option for WPA - I just have WEP or Open. I'm runnning XP (Service Pack 3) and have a Dell Inspiron 5100 with TrueMobile 1300 WLAN card.

I've done a few Google searches and all the solutions are for Service Pack 1 and 2 for XP. WPA support was supposedly introduced with SP2.

I've got the latest drivers for my wireless card too(I think), so I'm out of ideas on how to get WPA running on my wireless router.

Any suggestions welcome.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Does your wifi card support WPA?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

Yes, it supports WPA. I actually managed to get it working, there was an update for the driver available on the Dell site. :o

I initially was using the 'Update Driver' tab in the Device properties and it was not finding any updates. The Dell site had an executable to update the driver and card application.

Thanks for the reply all the same.

Advertisement