Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinneys Castlebar what do ya think?

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:46pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

I dropped into guinneys during the week and I must say Its a smashing spacious store. It's so much better than the ones in Dublin which are packed with stuff and tight to move around in.

The range of stuff is smashing and I bought gorgeous curtains at reasonable prices.

the only flaw is the lifts are tiny about four people can fit in, so alot of stomping up and down stairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Hav'nt actually been inside it yet,but at first glance I thought it looked like a new trendy nightclub- boy was I wrong! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Waht was the give away? :)

the massive 'G' they had on the outside I guess,and me hoping a niteclub would be there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

In it already on a random trip to castlebar. Must agree with you OP. Never being in dublin, but the one in castlebar is really very good. Haven't used the lift either :)

The place is huge alright, but its full of cheap useless crap............

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Um. Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Um. Where?

Beside New look, opposite Dunnes (not the car park entrance)

Didint really have much time to look, but first impressions were not great. Every thing in the clothing dept seemed to be piled together. Maybe once they get settled i will give it another look.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

I dont think much of the place it is all cheap rubbish thats in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Big_Dave88

It's like something from communist Russia IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Guineys has to be the worst possible store in castlebar. Sure its big and everything, but its full of ****e that you don't need, and the stuff you'd actually use, sheets, duvets, curtains etc are terrible quality. One of my friends bought a duvet cover there and it literaly came apart after a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mags4d

Guineys has to be the worst possible store in castlebar. Sure its big and everything, but its full of ****e that you don't need, and the stuff you'd actually use, sheets, duvets, curtains etc are terrible quality. One of my friends bought a duvet cover there and it literaly came apart after a few days.
    28-01-2009 16:55
    -> In reply to THAT.. you are the first person i have heard of complaining about the quality..... have you actually bought anything?? they aren't actually bad quality and its thanks to the likes of you stores are struggling in a recession, listening to your rubbish!
    also the lifts are made to carry 10 people, which comfortably fit 8!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

mags4d wrote: »
    28-01-2009 16:55
    -> In reply to THAT.. you are the first person i have heard of complaining about the quality..... have you actually bought anything?? they aren't actually bad quality and its thanks to the likes of you stores are struggling in a recession, listening to your rubbish!

Yeah I suppose your right, I mean it's absolutely terrible that I should give my honest opinion on something. Your right, it's my fault that businesses are struggling these days.

You should buy the watches there, they're very reliable(if you can excuse the fake silver and fast time). I hear the electrical goods are pretty good too...

Out of interest, do you work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

mags4d wrote: »

Strange that someone would use their first post to defend a business and also know the capacity and comfort of the lifts?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Now that both sides have had their say I'll lock this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement