Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a question about 12 month working Visa for Australia

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

How long assuming there are no problems with my application does it generally take to be granted a 12 month working visa for Australia

Im 31 next may does that mean its ok for me to apply in April?

Once granted I have 12 months to decide whether to go to australia before the visa is invalid and once in australia I have another 12 months in the country does that mean I can wait in ireland for 11 months then go to Australia and once there I can stay for 12 months?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

my WHV visa came through in like 6 hours. most come through within 24 hours unless theres a problem

i think you'll be ok as long as when you're applying you're 30

the answer to your last question is yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Is it ok to apply a week before my 31 birthday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Is it ok to apply a week before my 31 birthday?

once you hit 31 that is it, I'd give it more than a week for 'just in case' issues, you can apply now and it will be valid for 1 year and 'starts' on the day you enter.

i.e. you have a year to go get her, and then one year to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Did mine thru that place in town on Friday, still not come through :( Should it really be taking this long? There is an online tracking service but it demands your passport number, which I dont have on me right now.

Advertisement