Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minerals

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

micmclo wrote: »
    Ah, Cadete Lemonade

Wonder if they still make it

They still do afaik...although somebody was telling me once that, because of the presence of some chemical in the water supply from which the water in the drink is sourced, drinking cadet lemonade makes your dick smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

They still do afaik...although somebody was telling me once that, because of the presence of some chemical in the water supply from which the water in the drink is sourced, drinking cadet lemonade makes your dick smaller.

Haha, that's some anti-marketing tool. Voting Yes in Lisbon 2 will make your dick smaller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yeah, wasn't sure if it was Cadete or Cadet

Thanks for clearing that up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Also Lilt kills sperm!

Come to think of it I haven't seen lilt in awhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Lilt is most definitly still around

They got rid of Coca Cola Vanilla after a few months. :(
    Don't know why, it seemed to sell well. That was back in 2004

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Im from Tipp and we love our TK red lemonade here...

We also love: Tae, cake, wagun wheels and taytos, not crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

FearDark wrote: »
    Im from Tipp and we love our TK red lemonade here...

We also love: Tae, cake, wagun wheels and taytos, not crisps.

A good mate of mine is from Two Mile Borris and she's always asking if I "want tae, I just med it." Sometimes I want to kill her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Kold wrote: »
    A good mate of mine is from Two Mile Borris and she's always asking if I "want tae, I just med it." Sometimes I want to kill her.

Ah you'll have a cuppatae so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

The only two people I've ever heard actually use the term are my grandparents. I think it sounds stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    No, I think its Minr-dls, and peter-dal, and clatter-den, and cather-dine (catherine) :):):)

Now you have it, don't forget Shar-dn!

I can't believe there's dubs in here who've never heard of them being refered to as minerals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That will explain some things, have been drinking it since I was a kid, not much has grown since... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Hahahaha thats brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Who calls them minerals? :confused:

Culchies...

Plenty of dubs call them minerals too, you're just not old school enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We'll go get some minerals after we've been for our messages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

biko wrote: »
    We'll go get some minerals after we've been for our messages :)
    Are you getting a sliced pan in your messages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yeah, it's defo a Dub thing too. Anyone remember the mineral man that used to come around on Sunday afternoons back in the 80s ? He'd have an oul Hi-ake and all the minerals a kid could want and boxes of King Crisps, used to love Sunday evening suppers I did ! Lots of bread and butter to make crip-sambos, a bit of Gateux cake and minerals to wash it all down with. No Taytos though as they were for culchies. You don't hear us Dubs going around calling everything King do you ? <Homer voice>Stupid Culchies </Homer voice>
    Coming up to Christmas he's also have a Christmas club so come Christmas week you'd get a massive delivery of King and minerals.

Roadend wrote: »
    Are you getting a sliced pan in your messages?

Definately, because then you'd have to go the chipper to get 2 large and a small with lots of salt and vineger. And if you then had to get the bus home from the city centre you'd give the conductor the fare and tell him it's for "1 all the way please".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Would have gotten it from parents/grandparents, would personally just refer to the drink in question it's name. Wouldn't use the term fizzy drink but wouldn't call them minerals either. Usually just...mixer. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Pint a Fustinbuurg*, bottle a minird'l and a package a crips.

*I know, its a long time since I worked in the bar trade...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

because of the presence of some chemical in the water supply from which the water in the drink is sourced, drinking cadet lemonade makes your dick smaller.

Correct.
    And once it has reduced enough, you can move to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I used to get really confused in Glasgow because they called fizzy drinks 'juice'. I can't remember for sure, but I think juice was also called juice.

Advertisement