Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

anyone know of a nice bmw 728 for sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

i've got about 6k not a lot i know but money is tight these days just want to see if i can get something for that sort of money

• Registered Users Posts: 65,458 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

1. Don't get a 728. The 6 cylinder engine is superb, but better suited to smaller cars like the 3-series and 5-series. A big BMW needs a big V8 petrol. The extra few euro on tax and fuel is nothing in the grand scheme of things. The V8s are very reliable and last forever

2. See my sig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

i've heard horror stories about how much petrol the V8 drinks
    and how much is the tax on a 3.5 ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

A.I.M wrote: »
    and how much is the tax on a 3.5 ? thanks

It's €1147 on the 2.8 (assuming the cc is under the 2800 and not slightly over. It's €1491 on anythign over 3.0litre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,458 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A.I.M wrote: »

I've done 21MPG over 4 years in mainly Dublin traffic with the occasional country spin in my 735. I guess a 728 would have done about 26MPG. That looks a lot better on paper, but the difference is only €400 per year when you do 10k miles per year

A typical V8 is generally much better specced than a typical straight 6. How about Colour LCD TV, automatic rain sensor wipers, etc. etc. ? :D

Anyway, don't take my word for it. Go and drive a V8 and let us know what you think :)

And a word of advice - do not buy an older 7-series willy nilly. Go for full service history and let someone check the car out. Mine's for sale, so I obviously have a vested interest. Ask for advice on the main Irish BMW forums here and here

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cannot imagine there being much of a difference in mpg between a 728i and 735i. The 7 Series (assuming your looking at the same model as Unkel's one) is heavy and the 3.5 litre and 2 extra cylinders will not struggle to move that panzer about like the 2.8 would.

Unkel, if you make a sale here you can pay my commission via my usual bank account. :D

Advertisement