Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Bundle Advice please

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Have Eircom landline with bronze options. Very little use of the landline, day, evening and weekend but bill approx €75 every 2 months. Have broadband with BT €60 every 2 months. 2 mobiles in the house are O2.

Thinking of bundling: Eircom Family Bundling €65.16 per month for 7mb - do I have to add VAT to this price ? I am vearing away from BT because I think they will treat me as an existing customer and charge me for wireless router, never hugely happy with their customer service and my exchange isn't ready for 24mb broadband.

If I make international calls and mobile calls, do the prices of these calls get added to the bill. Was thinking that I would get quicker broadband for roughly the same price that Im paying at the moment for both. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah does anyone know if one gets a dynamic or fixed IP address?

Also how does one go about cancelling BT - wait for Eircom broadband or give notice - I dont want service to be cut off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

AFAIK neither of those ISPS give static on residental packages so if its a must im sure the business packages supply static IPS.

If cost is a issue look into the other ISPS such as perlico, vodafone ETC , there rates are better and offer much more value for money than eircom

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Make sure your line is capable of 7Mb before you make any decisions.

Also when or if cancelling BT make sure and notify them by registered letter and keep the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Have just moved and was going to sign up for this package also. Does anyone have any experience of Vodafones similar offering. Their contention rate is 24:1 whereas Eircoms is not given.
    dub45 does this mean that they can sell you a 7mb package but you may not be able to achieve it? How can i find out my line stats?
    Cheers
    Bing

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

Have Eircom landline with bronze options. Very little use of the landline, day, evening and weekend but bill approx €75 every 2 months. Have broadband with BT €60 every 2 months. 2 mobiles in the house are O2.

Thinking of bundling: Eircom Family Bundling €65.16 per month for 7mb - do I have to add VAT to this price ? I am vearing away from BT because I think they will treat me as an existing customer and charge me for wireless router, never hugely happy with their customer service and my exchange isn't ready for 24mb broadband.

If I make international calls and mobile calls, do the prices of these calls get added to the bill. Was thinking that I would get quicker broadband for roughly the same price that Im paying at the moment for both. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah does anyone know if one gets a dynamic or fixed IP address?

Also how does one go about cancelling BT - wait for Eircom broadband or give notice - I dont want service to be cut off?

Remember eircoms bundles dont include mobile calls so 65.16 + normal mobile rate. I say that because i was also thinking of getting that bundle but we only really call mobile numbers so to get the bundle it would of worked out more expansive than my current bill. You dont have to add vat to it it includes the vat. And i dont think they give out fixed ips maybe wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

bing3 wrote: »
    Have just moved and was going to sign up for this package also. Does anyone have any experience of Vodafones similar offering. Their contention rate is 24:1 whereas Eircoms is not given.
    dub45 does this mean that they can sell you a 7mb package but you may not be able to achieve it? How can i find out my line stats?
    Cheers
    Bing

My wife has o2 broadband on her laptop it is very slow most of the time. And if your going to use it for home use its impossible for gameing or pretty much anything else. I'm assuming vodafones along the same line

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Vodafone DSL bundles are well worth considering if you have a contract mobile with them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bing3 wrote: »
    Cheers
    Bing

They shouldnt but they do - boards.ie is full of people having problems with lines not capable of the speeds they have signed up for. You can get your line stats from your modem but as you do not appear to have bb you would have to ask your isp to check what speed your line should be capable of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 murraymints

dub45 wrote: »
    They shouldnt but they do - boards.ie is full of people having problems with lines not capable of the speeds they have signed up for. You can get your line stats from your modem but as you do not appear to have bb you would have to ask your isp to check what speed your line should be capable of.

Thanks for replies. How does one get line stats from modem. It is releatively new, bt with wires.

I'm looking at switching to better deals for bin charges, health insurance, tv and pnone broadband. I just know that BT will brewak my heart if I leave them and will probably be billed for months after I cancel. One of the issues I had with BT for years were billing issues :rolleyes:

Advertisement