Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:34am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently got me some new bits and bobs. Installed them today, ran fine, had to reinstall nvidia drivers, rebooted, then about 30 seconds into the desktop, it completely freezes. Decided to install Vista over the current XP that i had, same thing. Installed the nvidia drivers, and then restarted.

Turned off the PC and decided to go browsing through the net on another PC. went to start it up, the PC wouldnt turn on. Nothing, not even the power supply. Took out the RAM and GPU, still nothing. Tried my old PC parts that worked perfectly before, still nothing. Tried the older PSU that i had running fine on my old PC parts, still nothing. Im totally perplexed. Could it be the front switch panels on the case?? I'm confused... and angry sad.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Turned off the PC and decided to go browsing through the net on another PC. went to start it up, the PC wouldnt turn on. Nothing, not even the power supply.

Just so I'm clear on this, 2 Pc's died? Are you sure they are receiving power correctly? Try another power point in a separate part of the house and if using a 4 gang power adapter, replace it.

Advertisement