Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I flashed an oul dear today..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

moleyC wrote: »
    I see people with either no or inadequete lighting (ie parking lights on when it's pitch black out) on their vehicle at least once a week, it really scares me to how little some people on the roads know and care about what it means to be able to drive properly and safely.

Also on a more off topic theme, here is one of the reasons why I rarely end up buying anything over a certain value from an Irish retailer.

Hmm, 700 euro or 170 pounds, which to choose, which to choose :rolleyes:

http://www.spyireland.ie/product_info.php?products_id=28?osCsid=caf8090845718d87e58b4d27e66411a2

http://www.max.tv/product-detail.asp?number=458GB
    Irish pricing at its best!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Off topic but check out the other prices on that spyireland site... crazy. They are charging €139 for key logging software (free usually).. to be emailed to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Pretty sweet cormie, did you customise it (Vantasks.ie!). The GPS is a pretty good feature. Let us know how she copes with bright sunlight (when we get it)

Haven't had ultra bright sunlight yet, but it was pretty good in daylight driving when we had clear skies the last few days :)

Unfortunately it's not customisable, Infact, I had to use third party software to record the video, a screen capture piece of software, in which you can choose an image to overlay, so I just did a low opacity logo and used that, but you have to basically play the video on it's own software and while it's playing, just record what you see on screen (you can see my mouse at the start of each video). The videos are saved to a .UB1 format and google returns nada on that!
    Don't suppose it has a video output?

Afraid not, the ONLY way you can watch what it's recorded is by putting the SD card into a computer and using the supplied software.
    Homer wrote: »
    The PSNI had them installed in some of their vehicles but as this proved they are not indestructible unfortunately.

Read on that page that the ones they use were manufactured in Germany, the one I have is Korean I think but it would be no way able to survive any excess heat at all. The SD card would melt in an instant and probably get corrupt way before it melts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

hi cormie, thats a class bit of kit, can it be set up to run constantly instead of just when there is a bump??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yup, it DOES record constantly, so it continuously records over old data, unless there is a bump, in which case it saves this data as a shock or emergency and this data wont be written over until you manually delete it off the card yourself from the computer. You can also press the record button which will save a segment (say if you see somebody snot themselves on a bike) that can't be recorded over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

cormie wrote: »
    Yup, it DOES record constantly, so it continuously records over old data, unless there is a bump, in which case it saves this data as a shock or emergency and this data wont be written over until you manually delete it off the card yourself from the computer. You can also press the record button which will save a segment (say if you see somebody snot themselves on a bike) that can't be recorded over.

thanks man, think ill pick one up so. does it boot up when the engine turns on? also you were saying it was hard to capture the video from it, what program did you use in the end.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Advertisement