Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Eircom Broadband On 22nd. Question Regarding Speed and Gaming

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

After being on the net since 1996, first with Indigo, my exchange (Belcarrra in Mayo was FINALLY enabled)

I ordered it straight away and will get it on the 22nd Dec. I ordered the 3mb package and want to upgrade to 7mb when I get it

But someone on the Ireland Offline forum said I would only probably get 1mb. Why did the Eircom guy take my 3mb order then? And if I am only able to get 1mb will that be all I am ever able to get - if I have 1mb will I have problems with it being slower due to contention

I bought an Xbox 360 and I hope to use it for Xbox Live. How are Eircom regarding gaming, latency, contention etc. What ISP would people recommend for gaming?

Trevor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

Has Belcarra village actually got an exchange?

around 4-5km from the exchange is your best chance of 3mb.

If the exchange is in Castlebar, thats around 9km. Then your to far out.

Under 2km from the exchange if your lucky and you'll get 7mb.

The exchange might look like this

http://www.scottpalmer.com/blog/telecomcabinet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46 trevor1973

I am not sure, Belcarra just got enabled last week
    I am 2.5 miles from village but I have no idea where the exchange is in Belcarra - it is definitely there, not Castlebar

Thanks for the help

Trevor

Advertisement