Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Poker Aims - We really mean it this time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭con_leche

jbravado wrote: »
    I would offer a pretty big price that no one from the forum completes a triathalon in the next 12 months.
    Unless you a very competent swimmer it is a HUGE ask and requires a level of training and fitness that I doubt many poker players have/or would be able to achieve.

OK, I guess I will take you up on this...

My last internetz prop bet with Facebook, didn't go so gud, but new year, new hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

This could be epic. I'd be interested to hear prices offered. May be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

that Tri Athy one looks interesting - im off to make some excuses about how id need more than 5 months to prepare. If somebody wants to remind me in August about the 2010 one then il be prop betting from sure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Im first in line. Screw that.

I will do this prop bet if the price is right. 100% definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

max_power wrote: »
    This could be epic. I'd be interested to hear prices offered. May be interested.

This could be a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

According to Triathlon Ireland there are four different types

http://www.triathlonireland.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20080825154350361

Long is an Iron Man and Standard is the Olympic version - I might be interested in a prop bet for either the Standard or Middle version and defo for the Sprint (but think that's a bit too easy!)

Sprint : 750m swim, 20km cycle, 5km run
    Standard: 1500m swim, 40km cycle, 10km run
    Middle: 1900m swim, 90km cycle, 21.1km run
    Long : 3800m swim, 180k cycle, 42.2k run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

why do the swim first?

I could probably do a or b (just about) but hate the thought of doing the swim to kick off. Can we do a reverso?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

This is just a guess, but I would imagine the swim is first to lessen the chance of people drowning due to tiredness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

A few people have mentioned Triathalons. I'm planning on doing one myself. Do any of you have one in mind? It might be a good idea to all do the same race

Would be a good idea. I was planning on doing one this year but have struggled with the swimming element. The 10k run and 40k is not too bad but i have to avoid drowning midway through the first leg of the swim:(

Anybody wanna give me a price on this prop bet?

• Advertisement

This is just a guess, but I would imagine the swim is first to lessen the chance of people drowning due to tiredness

Pretty sure that this is the case alright, also, the cycle part comes second for safety reason aswell incase there is a sprint finish :eek: and a pile up happens!

so when is there a sprint one taking place in Ireland this year? I would be down for that - we could have a boards poker triathalon.

all of us lazy ****s that have piled on the stones in recent years could do well to get into training hard for this. I am pretty sure the sprint one is within our reach after 4 months training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

if you want to get the crowds in, you have to maximise the danger element imo ;)

throw in a few sharks too, maybe the odd crocodile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

if you want to get the crowds in, you have to maximise the danger element imo ;)

throw in a few sharks too, maybe the odd crocodile

Or a U Boat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Attn: JBravado - What price would you offer that nobody does it?

thechamp87 wrote: »
    Attn: JBravado - What price would you offer that nobody does it?

COME ON SAMMY.

Give me a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

yeah i've gotten really lazy, it'd be great if there was a propbet on the go to give me an incentive to do something about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Need to figure out a reasonable price-obviously it has to be a REAL triatholon and completed within a certain time (ill need to find out what the average time is and it will have to be thereabouts ie No ridiculous walking the running part etc.
    Im genuinly up for taking bets on this. Poker players are generally ridiculous beings, extremely fond of waffling and as a rule pretty deluded-Ah Yeah sure Ill do an aul triatholon-Why not? Where in reality I doubt many when it comes to the crunch would be up for putting in the hard yards required.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

why do the swim first?

you'd get serious cramps and stuff after running and cycling those distances, drowning would actually be pretty likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Need to figure out a reasonable price-obviously it has to be a REAL triatholon and completed within a certain time (ill need to find out what the average time is and it will have to be thereabouts ie No ridiculous walking the running part etc.
    Im genuinly up for taking bets on this. Poker players are generally ridiculous beings, extremely fond of waffling and as a rule pretty deluded-Ah Yeah sure Ill do an aul triatholon-Why not? Where in reality I doubt many when it comes to the crunch would be up for putting in the hard yards required.

if dagunman see this - your going to lose the bet imo

• Advertisement

If you are serious, then please offer your conditions and your proposed price. I will do it, provided I can get a decent amount of $ on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

I'd be on for this, a group sprint triathalon would be good craic.

Noel if you don't feel up for it, you can be the bouy.

As I have said to that other deluded mess Theresalways I need to do a little research before I give a price.

The loots should not be the main motivating factor (most people could do almost anything if it was worth enough to them).

The time achieved would have to be up to that of a respectable amatuer.(I need to find these out)

I am loling however at the idea that guys who have never competed at any real sporting level (certainly not re endurance sport) are going to roll out of bed and do a triathalon.

As with anything its RIDIC easy just to say Ah yep Ill do this/that, in reality its a totally different matter.

deluded mess Theresalways
    word
    I am loling however at the idea that guys who have never competed at any real sporting level (certainly not re endurance sport) are going to roll out of bed and do a triathalon.
    i am not in this category
    As with anything its RIDIC easy just to say Ah yep Ill do this/that, in reality its a totally different matter.
    OK, well then name your conditions.

Noel if you don't feel up for it, you can be the bouy.

myself and my two housemates have agreed to start training on Jan 5th.

In the meantime we will be researching where we are going to do it, setting out a training program, setting out a strict diet etc..:pac:

OK, well then name your conditions.

I will but as my previous post I will need to do a little research before I take any bet. Acceptable times/dates/course/how feasible etc etc..........

This one in May give you exactly 5 months to train for it

http://kildare.ie/Events/typedetails.asp?EventID=3461

I think that there may be one in Kilkee in June '09 as well but info is quite sketchy to find

myself and my two housemates have agreed to start training on Jan 5th.

In the meantime we will be researching where we are going to do it, setting out a training program, setting out a strict diet etc..:pac:

If you are actully serious about this, check out the below

http://www.vhi.ie/hfiles/hf-707.jsp

Lao Lao wrote: »
    If you are actully serious about this, check out the below

http://www.vhi.ie/hfiles/hf-707.jsp

i must be playing bad, i hate it when my bluffs get called, were my eyes twitching?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

If you are serious, then please offer your conditions and your proposed price. I will do it, provided I can get a decent amount of $ on it.
    LOL you couldn't even tog out for the Old Wes 3rd's!

Advertisement