Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why is the 4th lane on the M50 become the new undertaking lane.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Switcharoo wrote: »
    1) You didn't quote anybody, so I have no idea who that is directed at.
    2) I don't even understand your question. Poor description. What's a "left turning lane" on a motorway? Is it the Exit slip-road?

1) If I didn't quote a subsequent post, surely you can presume it was addressed to the original post.
    2) Start by reading this. The use of a descriptive term, left turning lane, as opposed to the slip lane, slip road, exit lane, or any other terminology was to tie in with the fact that in accordance with the rules of the road that you are allowed to pass on the left when turning left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Drive faster.

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Holsten wrote: »
    Drive faster.

Simple.

Drive without your lights. Then you wont see you undertaking them. Remove your rear view mirror and fold in your side mirrors so you cannot see them.

Failing that, buy an SUV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Jip wrote: »
    I'll post my standard "people are muppets" line that I seem to be using alot lately just to get it out of the way.
    Every weekend I travel from the Blanchardstown exit to the Ballymount one and 9 times out of 10 I can stay in the left most lane the whole way and still be travelling the fastest on the M50.
    Why ? As I said, people are muppets.

+1

I drive Ballymun -> Blanch daily and stick to the left lane the whole way, undertaking roughly 100 cars in the process on average and arriving about 5 minutes earlier. About 1 in ten times is the right lane actually moving faster.

I think it's because people don't like letting people merge, they all pile into the right lane when they get near to the finglas exit, and the left lane is left practically bare. It slows where the merging is happening and I let in one of two of the mergers before it picks up again. And most of the mergers go straight into the right lane, making the left lane flow faster again!

Advertisement