Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it just people in the sticks who drive at night with no full beams?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ninty9er wrote: »
    Are you for real:eek:
    Wouldn't surprise me .. I know someone who doesn't like driving on motorways because he finds it a pain having to look in his mirrors all the time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

To those who don't like / want / know when to use their High beams, heres a quick example as to why you should.

Heading down the M4 last week, past Enfield, travelling at 120Kph. Now the M50 only have "Street" lighting at the interchanges, otherwise you realy on Moonlight. Because they was cars ahead of me, that would have been blinded by my High beam, I left my Lamps on. Travelling within the speed limit and the lefthand lane, I was surprissed to find myself about to hit the back of an unlit horse box being towed slowly by a van with only 1 headlight working, Luckly there was nothing in the righthand lane so I was able to pull out and pass. However, had there been traffic in the right hand lane, I probably would have hit the horsebox.

Advertisement