Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You saw this coming

Options
  • 12-12-2008 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭

10,000 posts.

From humble beginnings I got hooked on boards simply because there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell of getting counterstrike to work in my apartment - my first time owning broadband, and I had no good way to use all that raw power... it was Hullaballú that almost saved boards from me. Do you regret it now? Knowing the annoying flag-waving sycophant that sits here today? You could have just locked the thread but no, you listened, you reasoned. Well, that and my landlady never caved in to our demands. And now you have unleashed an unwholesome red white and blue plague on these boards.

It was all good fun :pac:

Launching Jihads (on more than one occassion) and getting sitebanned by CuLT. Thanks CuLT, you were always there for me. And its been fun debating with the AH mods trying to combat racism political correctness standards. Good times, good stuff.

You can mess around like that just about anywhere you go, but what really made boards for me was the Personal Issues forum. A great team of moderators, and a great idea. I've felt rewarded by helping people, and been helped by the forum on more than one hard-felt occasion; so I think it deserves special mention as one of the finest corners of the website.

Lastly I'd just like to thank all the people better than me that have seen fit to tolerate my presence here; especially the ones who seem to even be adoring but misguided fans of mine. And to anyone who PM'd me with thanks/praise (it happens, I swear). Also a big congratulations to DeV, CuLT and the rest of the adminstration on rearing such a fantastic site.

Your resident carbuncle,

Overheal

PS. Tom Dunne, last summer I stole countless bottles of spirit from under the bar. I'm terribly sorry, even though you have an infinite digital supply - so I probably won't ever pay you back. ta.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yawn!

I'm so over this milestone crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

well done !

Here's a prize, wear it with pride.

propeller_head.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

who%20cares.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Overheal wrote: »
    PS. Tom Dunne, last summer I stole countless bottles of spirit from under the bar. I'm terribly sorry, even though you have an infinite digital supply - so I probably won't ever pay you back. ta.

And I blamed Mrs. Finnegan.

I hope you are ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Good having you around yank

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Well done Overheal, the smiley wars wouldn't have been the same without you :D

/cue some random mod deleting one of his posts and taking a screenshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Yawn.

No. One. Cares.

Maybe we could have a sub-forum for all these "milestone" posts? We could call it the "look at how big my e-penis is" forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

9,998 posts is a milestone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Lastly I'd just like to thank all the people better than me that have seen fit to tolerate my presence here

He means me. No bother, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Congratulations OverHeer (You were, weren't you?).

Anyway, HELL YEAH! Or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

****ing spambots...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is Overheal Irish or American ? Where'd you live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Lastly I'd just like to thank all the people better than me

You're making me blush :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

10,000 posts.

But... but...... you only have 9,998 posts? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lawlz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement