Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mark Lawrenson - Pundit Extraordinaire

• 12-12-2008 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Good oul Lawro. Doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to predicting results and glad to see that he has even confused himself this week -

[url='http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7764992.stm
    ']BBC -[/url]

Man City v Everton

Everton's problem is that they're struggling for strikers and that's a blessing for Manchester City.

Manchester City's home form has been good, but against teams who attack them at Eastlands they tend to struggle.

Dietmar Hamann has been back in the City midfield to give them a cushion in front of the back four as it's a problem Mark Hughes is addressing and will continue to address.

Verdict: 2-1

But wait!

Liverpool Daily Post -
    MARK LAWRENSON: Why I’m backing Everton to turn over Manchester City

I THOUGHT Everton played really well against Aston Villa on Sunday. Eight times out of 10 they would have easily got a win playing like that.

Sometimes you get mugged but you don’t dwell on it, just take the positives into the next game.

Yes, the home record is abysmal this season and needs sorting out quickly. Although with Chelsea next up at Goodison that is of course easier said than done – they have won all eight of their away games in the league this season.

But show that same fight, desire and ability to cope with having vital players out, and it could just be the game that turns round the home fortunes in this campaign.

Devastating though the manner of the defeat was, it’s a damn sight easier to take than losing the way that Everton did at Wigan.

That was a non-performance in a real non-event of a game, in stark contrast to the great advert for the Premier League we saw on Sunday.

But look at how Everton responded to that with the win at Spurs last week.

The performance against Villa should be a breeze to recover from compared to that and that gives cause for great optimism at a still-unconvincing Manchester City this weekend.

Confused? By the looks of it, so is Lawro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Its a Win / Win situation :D

(unless its a draw :rolleyes:_

LOL genius our Lawro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You lads hardly think he writes these himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

You lads hardly think he writes these himself?
    i feel depraved of my innocence now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

thewools wrote: »
    Its a Win / Win situation :D

(unless its a draw :rolleyes:_

im actually gonna put a bet on that.

I think he just uses one of these;
    magic8ball.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Lawrenson nearly always predicts a 2-0 win for Chelsea and Man Utd - there's a thread going in the SI Game football forum where people have been tallying up his predictions each week and comparing it to the real table, so far I think Chelsea have something like 13 wins and 2 draws with only 3 goals conceded. No defeats of course.

Meanwhile Liverpool languish around 8th and Bolton are rock bottom :rolleyes:

Advertisement